Reached the end of last year's leftovers.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to know. Ive been throwing mine away. Ill see of our recycling will take them.
Nooooooooo! Please, call them! That's a lot of stuff filling up a landfill, Tim.

Tim,

I have been burning them all year (not that long). I find them to be plenty hot with very little ash. The one curious side effect is a slight smoky smell. I run CO2 detectors and they both read 0, I have checked for any signs of smoke (can't see any but both stoves are inserts). Funny thing is the smell is from both stoves, very faint, and both stoves never exhibited the smell last year. If you could let me know if you experience a slight smoky odor it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

I'm now 3 bags in and notice no unusual smells, unless you count the flatulent bulldog snoring in the corner.

20141109_074321.jpg

Reactions: fmsm
Cool looking dog!! I like that when my dog farts he turns around to see what happened back there!!

Im scared that he'll do it too close to the stove and kill us all.

I'm now 3 bags in and notice no unusual smells, unless you count the flatulent bulldog snoring in the corner.

View attachment 145187
In dog terms: "What you see is what you get and if you guys have a problem with that I'm going back to sleep ".

Status
Not open for further replies.