Ready For Another Season

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sante fe

Burning Hunk
Sep 28, 2011
Poughkeepsie ny
Just got done doing a major cleaning on my stove.Brushed the pipe,Leaf blower trick,Good vac,Ready for another season,Only 1ton so far of green supreme.Still need 2 more tons.
I guess we will start to see more activity on here as the temp drops.Good luck to all

Yeah, getting real close to unplugging the vents and plugging in the stove. Not there yet though.

2 bags gone here.

Season is kinda here now.. Been gettin chilly at night. Was 40° yesterday morning. Gonna be 38° Sunday night. Brrrrr.

Fired it up yesterday mornin before work. :)

Quadfirstfire.jpg

Reactions: gbreda and The Ds
Told the wife we do not heat until Oct. 1st.....so far I have held her off....she is wearing a hat and coat in the house..... luck for my ear plugs work great....plus more reason to cuddle if its cold ;) !!

Reactions: smoke show
Just had to fire up the Englander tonight to make sure it works ok, right?? ;)

Reactions: The Ds
Just brought mine in today too! Told the wife look but don't touch as it has no. OAK ir is hooked up to the duravent.

Just had to fire up the Englander tonight to make sure it works ok, right?? ;)
Sounds like an excuse to start a fire to me.....;lol.

I'm gonna hold out as long as possible.....my projected date is Oct 15...........or later.!!!

I go by how my bones feel, not the calendar. My excuse is it's a good way to make sure the stove is running right before it gets cold.

Sounds like an excuse to start a fire to me.....;lol.

I'm gonna hold out as long as possible.....my projected date is Oct 15...........or later.!!!

You got me there imacman, I've been anxious but the wife and I both liked the heat. Only ran it for about half an hour on 1-1 and the room came up 5 degrees. Had to shut it back down but she fired up real nice!

Season is kinda here now.. Been gettin chilly at night. Was 40° yesterday morning. Gonna be 38° Sunday night. Brrrrr.

Fired it up yesterday mornin before work. :)

View attachment 74593

OK, this is when the basement install is detrimental. I could have used a small fire last evening to take out the chill and warm my feet. Hmmm, maybe a second small stove soon. Would be nice.
Now where would I put it? First things first though, such as $$ and a few renovations on this place.

Reactions: SteveB
Its ok to do a test fire here and there to take the chill out.Hoping to make it untill January before I have to start on the dino juice.Once the real cold hits the burner kicks on once in awhile.How does it work for you guys?

Its ok to do a test fire here and there to take the chill out.Hoping to make it untill January before I have to start on the dino juice.Once the real cold hits the burner kicks on once in awhile.How does it work for you guys?

Been off the "Pain" for years (LP)..... Dont plan on going back.

Then again, I can produce about as many BTU's as the Sun ;)

Pellets only here. Electric hot water. Furnace is disconnected.

I replaced my burn pot gasket and combustion fan and for some reason getting the new fan in place was a fight. The bolts broke off on the pot so I had to rework that area too. I won the battle and fired it up for 30 mins or so. I have the feed wide open and running rocky mountains and still barely get a flame up 4". The old motor was noisy and I didn't realize just how noisy wow. I might leave it on low tonight just for the heck of it.

Hoping to make it untill January before I have to start on the dino juice.Once the real cold hits the burner kicks on once in awhile.How does it work for you guys?

No dino juice, propain or Electric(for heat) December of 1994. 100% toasty pellet heat for us! Might mix in some wood if I feel like it. But mainly the wood is for power outages only!

Reactions: mepellet
No dino juice, propain or Electric(for heat) December of 1994. 100% toasty pellet heat for us! Might mix in some wood if I feel like it. But mainly the wood is for power outages only!
Jay, what do you use for DHW?

Status
Not open for further replies.