Ready for the snow!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokinPiney

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Nov 25, 2008
In the Pines, NJ
Well we've got another storm headed for us mid-atlantic folks. They're callin for anywhere from 10"- 20" and high winds so it could be another big one. I'll be plowin pretty much from tomorrow night till it's gone. So i made sure there's plenty of wood in the basement. It's definately no fun to come home from long hrs plowin and load wood.

Wood.jpg

The snow is not coming our way. Too far north. I would welcome around 6" -- just enough to go cross country skiing.

Yup. The storms are still taking the southern routes. I expect we'll get ours next month. Then the question will be, will it be snow or ice?

Good luck and we hope you don't get buried.

@@@@!!!!!!!! all you guys are getting snow and we aint getting s@@#!!!!!
i want a blizzard!!!!! like little house on the prairie!

heard ya ice, we are 50" off where we were last year.

Tomorrow I'm gonna load the new racks and get the garage filled up. Last thing will be a trip to the bottle shop. Then grab a seat in front of the stove with the shovel waiting to dig out.

Yah the northeast is getting shafted majorly this year, I have only put about 200 miles on the sled so far, last year i was probably well beyond 1000 by now

Sunny and dry for the next 7 days up here. We usually average anywheres from 8 to 10ft of snowfall a year. Not much yet.

Ironically, there are a group of guys i know quite well,that have come up here to go snowmobiling, they're from Jersey. I think they've got more snow at home than up here.

flyingcow said:
Sunny and dry for the next 7 days up here. We usually average anywheres from 8 to 10ft of snowfall a year. Not much yet.

Ironically, there are a group of guys i know quite well,that have come up here to go snowmobiling, they're from Jersey. I think they've got more snow at home than up here.

Yeah we just don't have the mountain. We actually do have a mountain range here in the pines but it's like a dirt pile compared to most lol

Got a cord put up last night bring it on!

Hmmm I may need to get more in the basement for the duration of this storm, would hate to fire up the propane due to snow covered piles of wood :-(

I envy you guys...all we got is 38 deg rain and soaked, squishy ground. Waaah waaah. A wood stove fire feels and looks better when there's snow on the ground.

ChrisNJ said:
Hmmm I may need to get more in the basement for the duration of this storm, would hate to fire up the propane due to snow covered piles of wood :-(

where getting hammered right now sure wouldnt want to get any firewood after this snow it is very wet snow...

Well now it looks like the days before panic is over with this storm. Flying out of Hartford in the AM to Salt Lake City to do some skiing for the next week.

Should be no problem now, the storm track was looking like it might have caused us some problems getting out.

I'll be over 2000 miles away, and will be able to hear that damned oil burner fireing up! No wood heat for eight days.

KC

we are the ones who expect to see that kinda snow here in the Adirondacks..Heck, I have bare spots on my lawn! Used the snowblower 2 times this winter that is it

smokinjay said:
where getting hammered right now sure wouldnt want to get any firewood after this snow it is very wet snow...

Ehhhh dont tell me that! I'll be plowin from midnight till ??? and wet snow= heavy snow!! Still callin for 16-20" here and 24"+ south of us.

hey thats exciting, you all down there dont get much of it so enjoy it!

It's not really the snow that bothers me. It's the 45mph winds comin with it!

dougand3 said:
I envy you guys...all we got is 38 deg rain and soaked, squishy ground. Waaah waaah. A wood stove fire feels and looks better when there's snow on the ground.

Amen Doug. I am tired of rain and 30s. I would love to have a foot of snow on the ground. All we ever get is a light dusting, maybe an inch or so. I have gone through the two and a half chords I had up for this year, so not many fires left unless I can scrounge some up. I WILL have 5 cords stacked by the end of this month for next winter.

I'm in the 20"-30" range forecast here in northern MD. Got my trailer full of firewood under the carport and my new snow plow for my cub cadet. Doesn't get much better than that! Well maybe it does, I was let out of work 3 hours early.....paid!

how much on the groundright now

Adirondackwoodburner said:
how much on the groundright now
Just a few inches of old stuff from last weekend. Today's accumulation thus far is a trace, it will start picking up in a few hours. I'm from Rochester and college in Buffalo. This will be like the good old days, cant wait. The dogs love it too!

thats an exciting feeling! good luck man!

Squiner said:
I'm in the 20"-30" range forecast here in northern MD. Got my trailer full of firewood under the carport and my new snow plow for my cub cadet. Doesn't get much better than that! Well maybe it does, I was let out of work 3 hours early.....paid!

Yall are really supposed to get hammered with this one. Be safe out there!

Status
Not open for further replies.