Really Thin Stove Glass Gasket / Tape for Stove Glass

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom R

Nov 19, 2005

Hello and Howdy, Howdy,
I'm trying to locate some really thin high heat or fire proof tape that I can place between my fire place glass and the steel door in which it slides down in to. I believe that the problem with the frequent staining/discoloring is related to air being pulled in around the galss ? The glass is 3/16" thick PyroCeram which I recently purchased. The glass slides into two "U- Shaped" grooves, )[0ne on each side of the interior door] and presently I have nothing to seal of the air leak. Thx in advance for any info you can give me, Tom

I can't think of any solution for ya, but a lot of us have the same problem! "Air wash" is simply a marketing ploy in my opinion!!! I have yet to get my Jotul to burn just ONCE without the glass browning up...

The Rutland fiberglass stove glass tape gasket kit I got at ACE Hardware was about as thin as the stuff can get. A flat ribbon, real thin in the center and has adhesive on the back.

So damned thin I couldn't use the stuff for the stove glass and ended up putting it in stove pipe joints.

Status
Not open for further replies.