Rebuilding CDW 2461

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daad

Nov 26, 2014
Bedford, Ky
Hello forum,

I have been reading the posts and have found many items about my stove type. I bought mine new in 1996. I have moved it three times to new houses and am done with that. I have over the years replaced the cat three times and have resealed the doors a few times. My trouble is now after doing a new cat and resealing all door gaskets i think I have leaks around a seam somewhere. I am having trouble shutting down the fire and find that I have even shut off the secondary air to cool down the cat. It almost looks like the coals are glowing as though air is leaking from the ash door. I am looking for instructions (manual) for complete disassembly to reseal all the joints. I have only had the top and doors off so not sure about steps to remove the sides, etc. It looks like all the sides sit on a bottom section and I can see the bolts on the the top of the sides when I have the top cover off. Just looking for info before I jump in. 2461.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.