Recommendations for a new stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally made it to my local stove dealer who sells jotul and hearthstone. I think a stove from one of this two company's would be a nice replacement. I have a few questions.

First the f50 rangely is rated for the same btu's but less burn time then the f55. I'm curious why. The f50 is 100lbs more. Any first hand opinions on these stoves. Second the Manchester is really a nice looking stove also, but between the two either Manchester or jotul what is the better option as far as being straight forward easy to operate stove. I realize with both I will most likely need a mantle heat shield(opinions welcome) and a bigger hearth bad. Any advice positive or negative is welcome.

Thanks

Also interested in hearing about the OSLO not sure if it would be to small but it was a good looking stove. I believe the hearth requirements may have been a bit larger.

Status
Not open for further replies.