Refractory panel replacement?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

resser

Sep 5, 2019
Wisconsin
I have a zero clearance wood burning fireplace which has a crack on the back panel. Are these panels always replaceable? I am trying to figure out the brand/model number of the fireplace.

They should be. What is the make and model of the fireplace?

They should be. What is the make and model of the fireplace?

I can't find the make and model on it. I've looked all over. Here is a photo of it. The panel that is cracked is metal - it seems unusually that the refractory panels would be just metal.

Attachments

• 20190905_155708.jpg
    20190905_155708.jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 69
Also, the more I'm looking, the more I'm wondering why it is all metal. Could that just be the box that has been in use without any refractory panels?

Look in the door frame for a small metal name tag listing the model.

Wish I could help more. The odds are it did have refractory panels at one point. If so, it is dangerous to run without them. Are there clips or channels for panels on the sides and back?