Regency f2400

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

titan

Minister of Fire
Mar 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
aliant
Just breaking in my new brushed-nickel beauty; a Regency f2400.Burns a lot better than my old Dutchwest lrg. catylytic.Wondering if anyone else burns a Regency:info on burn times,etc. Thanks;btw-been hooked on this site for months,decided to stop lurking and start corresponding :coolhmm:

Welcome to the forums Titan. Glad to see another Canadian hangin out here. Where abouts are you from?

Enjoy the new stove.

Thanks for the welcome Gunner.I'm down-east in Cape Breton.Btw-this site helped me narrow my new stove search down to a P.E spectrum classic and the Regency f2400.I researched 'em exhaustively, they're both quality stoves. In the end, the Regency saved me enough $$ to install a new chimney this summer.Oh and I've drunk enough beer with the distributor to know that any warranty or parts issues will be simple. ;-P

Ya, it helps if your friends with the dealer. What did ya get, pedistal or legs? How about any "bling" or did ya stick with the classic black. I'm not to familiar with the Regency's, for some reason around here you see alot of gas but not many wood units from them. What are they worth $$ wise if you don't mind me asking?

I dressed it up with brushed-nickel legs and door he wife likes how it matches all her stainless appliances-maybe now she'll be tempted to keep a fire on when i'm out LOL.As for list prices on regency stoves-I just saw one on a U.S dealer's site for about $2800.00 with my options-pretty steep?I paid just under $1700.00 Cdn. taxes in-man I owe the distributors abeer or two.I know a few folks 'round here who've been burning Regency wood inserts for years and still rave about em.Mine's been running for a week now and it is pretty stingy with my wood although the claimed efficiency of 77% seems optimistic for a woodstove.Gotta go, next winter's wood is all over my driveway just beggin' to be split. :coolsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.