Regency GC I 60 Pellet Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drellvis

Sep 24, 2011
Northern NJ
I was wondering if anyone has the same insert or the Enviro M55 insert. Looking to see if there is a particular pellet the stoves burn best. This is my first season, I have burned Hardwood Heat, Lignetics Green, Cheat River, all $ 219 at my TSC.
I think the Hardwood Heats were the best of them, but they don't always have them. I need to buy another ton this weekend, my choices are Lignetics from TSC $ 219, Barefoots $ 280, Wood Pellets $ 250, or great American $ 250. Or go to Lowes/HD and take my chances. What do you guys think?

Unfortunately I haven't burned any of those on your list, but you can find some information of what I have burned at the bottom of the following thread:

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/91783/

Very nice stove, and when you learn how to adjust (if you haven't already) the many settings to optimal you will be able to burn almost any pellet cleanly.

Good luck,

1D

The Lignetics are the best deal you list there. Yes, they seem to have a bit more ash this year than in the past, but they give good heat. At $219/ton, I'd get a few tons of them.

As for the big box stores, it all depends on what they have. Don't give up on them unless they have no pellets at all, or junky ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.