Regency i2450/hi2450 firebox dimensions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

deanwards

Aug 12, 2023
Louisville, KY
I'm researching fireplace inserts for my masonry fireplace and I can't seem to find the firebox dimensions for Regency's i2450 or hi2450 models. All the literature just says 2.3 cubic feet. I'm interested to know how easy north/south loading would be. Can anybody point me in the right direction? Or does anybody have one and load it north/south?

I have the hi2450 and they recommend using north/south loading. The firebox can hold a decent amount of wood. This is my first winter with an insert so I’m learning how the unit works best.

I have the hi2450 and they recommend using north/south loading. The firebox can hold a decent amount of wood. This is my first winter with an insert so I’m learning how the unit works best.
N/S is preferable. What length is the firewood cut to?

Last edited:
I'm researching fireplace inserts for my masonry fireplace and I can't seem to find the firebox dimensions for Regency's i2450 or hi2450 models. All the literature just says 2.3 cubic feet. I'm interested to know how easy north/south loading would be. Can anybody point me in the right direction? Or does anybody have one and load it north/south?
I have the i2400. Essentially the same model. I can load 17” pieces N/S with no issues

I have the i2400. Essentially the same model. I can load 17” pieces N/S with no issues
Thank you, that's helpful. The firebrick pattern shows about 13.5" of firebrick protection. What is the front part of the firewood resting on when loaded N/S? Does 17" take it right up to the door?

Screenshot 2023-11-08 at 9.37.33 AM.png

Normally up to the metal part meeting the front of the fire brick.
Sorry for the confusion, I have to get out and see what they've done. The firebrick diagram only shows 13.5" of firebrick there but that's great news if there is more room. I'm heading up to see a friend next week and will stop by the Regency dealer up there.

I can't find this info in the manual. The feature sheet for the stove say 18" maximum log size, but does not say the direction of loading. I will try to stop in at a dealer next week to check.

Width 18.250” ~ brick to brick, depth 18.250”~ brick to channel. There is a piece of channel across the bottom and sides front and back. The floor bricks fit between them. I'll go out on a limb here and assume that channels are connected to the reburn tubes and air wash system.

Reactions: begreen
Thanks, that's very helpful info. It sounds similar to some of the newer Englanders. Is the front channel's top flush with the top of the bricks or a bit above it? Can you post a picture?

20231113_131307.jpg 20231113_131333.jpg 20231113_131732.jpg

Thanks! Saved me a trip. A picture is worth a thousand words. These days this information is normally available through the EPA lab report, but for this stove, there are no lab-measured firebox volume notes or calculations in the report.

This is a pretty much square firebox. I will take note and kudos to Regency for the added N/S depth.

The biggest beef I have with manufactures is advertised firebox size. In my case the actual usable size does not equate to the “advertised” size. My next shopping excursion I will bring along a tape measure.

The biggest beef I have with manufactures is advertised firebox size. In my case the actual usable size does not equate to the “advertised” size. My next shopping excursion I will bring along a tape measure.
Some companies are worse than others. That's why I like the new EPA reports from some labs. They show the tester's sheet with the measured dimensions of the usable portion of the firebox.

Reactions: Winterpeger