Regency Project Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lowroadacres

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Aug 18, 2009
MB
This is a second chapter in relation to a thread started a few days ago about a Regency stove, an F2000M/F2100M that I found via Kijiji.

This evening my 15 year old son and I loaded up tools, the shop vac, a tarp and a rubbermaid container and drove 2 hours to the city to pick up the Regency. From when we arrived at the seller's home until the stove was "debricked", vacuumed out and wedged into our trailblazer was just under half an hour.

After an obligatory Tim Horton's stop for a late supper on the run we screamed home and total elapsed time from departing home to back in the house was 5 hours and 20 minutes.

Add the 60$ in fuel to the $100 purchase price on a stove and our cash total so far is $160.

We will need the main firebricks, the baffle bricks, paint, and possibly the three burn tubes yet and a fair bit of elbow grease but given what this stove would be to replace new I can work with this sucker.

It was especiall fun to be handed the original sales brochure and the Instruction manual by the owners.

I know, I know.... Pictures or it didn't happen.... I will keep everyone updated as we put this stove back into all its heat throwing glory.

Attachments

• Regency brochures.jpg
    Regency brochures.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 708
  • Regency angle.jpg
    Regency angle.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 564
  • Regency front.jpg
    Regency front.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 538
  • Regency side.jpg
    Regency side.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 471
  • Regency in trailblazer.jpg
    Regency in trailblazer.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 457
Very nice deal it looks like a real keeper. I bet with a little tlc it will look like new again ! I can't wait for more pics of the progress. Congratulations !

Pete

A little bit of sanding, some stove paint, and that thing will look like it's in showroom condition.

A little Ceramabryte will work wonders on that glass door. Hope the innards are as solid as the outside looks.
229031_goodluck.GIF

I will try to get more photos yet this evening. So far everything but the firebricks and one slightly bowed secondary tube checks out. Like with vehicles, the mileage is more important that the model year and from what I can gather from looking at it and from listening to the owner this stove will never have been run hard or run properly.

It was installed into an older gent's home, into an 8 inch chimney necked down to the flue collar with single wall pipe and an adapter. I must add as well that it also had a damper installed.

The older fellow used it for two and possibly three heating seasons at most before it was parked for a few years.

Then it was installed in a garage with the same chimney and has been used only occasionaly since. The fuel it has seen most consistently is pallet wood and from listening to the owner, he had very little idea as to how to run an EPA stove.

It is dirty and as stated the bricks will need replacing and I may purchase new tubes for it.

I also will need to get one different corner piece for my double wall stove pipe as I will need to adjust the angle of attack from the chimney connection to the double wall as this stove will now go into our alcove as compared to our current little non-epa stove that sits just outside the alcove.

Now the challenge will be to get this little project in under cover and to not spend too much "summer" time on it when wood cutting, gardening, kids activities, camping, and other house projects, need to take priority.... Oh yes, and that thing called work that I need to do to feed our tribe and to keep paying the banker for the bank's willingness to partner with us in so-called home ownership.

I'm thinkin you got a bargain there. Specially with all the Class A.
I noticed an Airmate in one of the pix. Did you also get the blower
kit? Generally speaking, the airmate isn't of much use without the
blower. Autobody Rubbing Compound will also work wonders on
the Pyroceram window...

The blower came with and it will just require a good cleaning and a once over.

The chimney is a bonus but it is ooooollllldddddd and eight inch so if anything I will throw it in with my used drolet jasper for whoever buys it or I will save it to use a part of a longer term project to build a covered outdoor clay/masonry oven.

When we did our install for the Jasper we set it up with quality double wall all the way to the stove from the insualted chimney liner that is inside a masonry chimney.

The glass I find cleans up nicely from oven cleane when warm water and a cloth won't do the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.