Relining the chimney, where to buy the stainless liner ??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trx680

Sep 27, 2011
Petersburg Virginia
I have a one story rancher and will be installing a wood stove soon. I would imagine I need to line the chimney. I saw some 20 and 35 foot long stainless flex liner in the Northern Tool catalog. I'm not sure how long a piece I need but will have to measure.

My question is... Where in the best place to buy liner?

Any tips or advise on installing it?

thanks !!

That's like asking where is the best place to buy a Chevy really.

Shop around, look up reviews, figure out what you actually need start to finish and you should find your seller easily w/ the help of google.

If you want help figuring out what you need, post pics of what you have from top to bottom along with dimensions and there are plenty of folks here who'll offer advice.

pen

You really want all the components of the chimney system to be compatible, from the same manufacturer...and you'll need more than just the liner. Take your time and research this a bit before you pull the trigger. There are a number of online vendors who offer chimney liner system kits at very reasonable prices. Personally, I'd start with selecting the appliance that's going to be exhausting into the flue first, then go from there...but there's more than one way to skin a cat. Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.