1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

remote control quit working

Post in 'It's a Gas!' started by podlesak, Oct 4, 2010.

1. podlesak

podlesak New Member

Loc:
    Iowa
    have a vermont casting gas insert with comfort control valve with remote. the remote has quit working batteries are good the controlscreen lites up but doest work insert. do remotes go bad? local lumberyard where I got it is no help from looking on line parts are to fine what other brand remote would work?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. jtp10181

jtp10181 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Madison, WI
    Yes remotes can fail.
    They sometimes can also just need to be reprogrammed to the receiver box (learned). Much like a garage door opener.

This is why you buy fireplaces at a hearth dealer, not a lumber yard.

http://www.vermontcastings.com/dealerfind.asp

Try to find a real fireplace dealer near you and give them a call. They can probably get you a new remote and ship it.

Or post a picture of your remote handheld and a model number off the sticker on it. Maybe a VC dealer on here who can find a part for you.
  3. Wood Heat Stoves

Wood Heat Stoves Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Nevada City, California
    not that familiar with that remote, but doesn't it use t-tpiles(honeywell?)

does the stove work perfectly when controlled manually at the valve??

i probably have the comfort control valve troubleshooting booklet around here somewhere...
  4. podlesak

podlesak New Member

Loc:
    Iowa
    I can turn on manually at valve but then unit only rus on high(flame&fan;) remote has 6 setting for both flame&fan; speed. don't know who makes remote for majestic parts#20002047 manual does"t say anything about reprograming remote
  5. pyrotom

pyrotom New Member

Loc:
    Coastal Carolinas
    No other remote control works with the Comfort Control system. If you don't have a local Vermont Castings dealer, a Majestic dealer will also have the information you need.
  6. Lisa Santorino

Lisa Santorino New Member

7. A1Stoves.com

A1Stoves.com Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern CA
    Thats awesome Lisa, as the vc distributor told me they couldn't get them anymore!