Removing the Chimney Flue, for cleaning?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

soupy1957

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jan 8, 2010
Connecticut
www.youtube.com
Now HERE'S a guy, whom I suspect has some "experience" with his wood stove, and his approach to "cleaning the chimney" seems novel. I'm a BIT surprised that he is cleaning his Flue by removing it????????

Yeah, just remove the stove baffle and sweep all the crud right down into the stove, it would be so much easier.

Todd said:
Yeah, just remove the stove baffle and sweep all the crud right down into the stove, it would be so much easier.
easier, but not always possible, see a new vc manual for example, they recomend removing connector pipe every cleaning

On my old stove I took it off, took a couple of minutes, no way to do it on my old stove without taking off. I am surprised you think its novel, I thinks its normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.