Resolute Acclaim cracked side still worth using/fixing?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Erictn

Nov 2, 2023
East Tennessee
Hey all, my wife grabbed this stove at an estate sale as we are planning on putting one in, but it could be in better shape.

I am mechanically inclined and work in the building industry so I’m not too daunted new things/repairs but with wood stoves I’m a novice.

I’ll post photos but to start, is what I’m seeing inside:
-Not an issue
-repairable
-a complete nonstarter buy a new stove territory.

You’ll see the front baffle seems to have been through it. The right side has a crack.
The flue assembly definitely needs a new gasket but no problem doing that.
Aside from that it has a decent amount of spot rust which cosmetically at least doesn’t concern me.

I can dig into it further and post more photos if needed.! It’s also currently wrapped in plastic in a barn so I can always pull it out and light a fire with a length of stove pipe.

Thanks everyone for being resource. Much appreciated.

IMG_3013.jpeg
IMG_3012.jpeg
IMG_3014.jpeg
IMG_3015.jpeg

In my unprofessional but somewhat informed opinion it’s not worth fixing. Does it have the top?