1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Retire Old Chaps?

Post in 'The Gear' started by Mass. Wine Guy, Oct 14, 2012.

1. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

That's kind of how it goes with any engine/motor, working at max potential just before you apply enough load to stall it. ;)

Electrics just make gobs of torque for their size. Ever accidentally try to start a stick shift car/tractor in gear? Assuming the clutch safety switch is in-op or MIA, that little starter motor had no trouble moving the vehicle now did it? The power is constant on too, not bang, whoosh, bang, whoosh like a gas engine. Interrupt a gas engine at just the right time and all you have to do is overcome flywheel inertia to stop it. Not hard to do on our saws.

I'm sure chap fibers would eventually bind up an electric saw too. I just don't want to know how far through my leg the saw gets before it's had enough. <>

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Standingdead

Standingdead Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Saratoga county, NY
    I agree I got the labonville xtreme competition chaps. I believe 10 layers. The chaps are not too heavy, have the ankle wrap and go for about $100. I usually ask Santa for a new pair every few years and somehow (s)he don't mind getting for me ;)
    Realstone likes this.
  3. Realstone

Realstone Lord of Fire

Loc:
    Southern ON
    Good call on the chaps and welcome to the forum!