1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Revere out Freedom in

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by coldkiwi, Apr 3, 2013.

1. coldkiwi

coldkiwi Member

Loc:
    Socal
    Well, I removed the revere the other day and slid the new freedom, did it solo so was a bit of work, but all connected and working.Seems to be a good upgrade as it throws out more heat than the revere(which wasn't a slug). 2 nights ago,was 50 degrees out so thought we would have a fire
    so I got a good fire going, packed in a goodly amount of 22 inch splits, gave it 5 to get going then cut the air right back.We went upstairs to watch a movie came down 45 mins later to a spectacular show of secondary flame, man was this thing throwing out some heat.85 degrees in da house!Secondaries must have burnt for hours.Here is a couple of photos.Did not get one of the latest fire.Have to cut the surround to suit the frame on the rock..If anyone has a freedom let me know how it performs with a packed firebox. trek 077.JPG View attachment 98640 View attachment 98640 View attachment 98641 trek 076.JPG trek 079.JPG

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

Thats a good looking stove and chimney. Are you going to close the front up or leave it open.

Pete
  3. webby3650

webby3650 Master of Fire

Loc:
    southern Indiana
    I don't use mine for primary heat, more of a weekend burner. When I do load it full, I get some crazy heat from it. I get 8-10 hour burns with it. It's a very good stove, I have been very happy with mine.
  4. TradEddie

TradEddie Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE PA
    Enjoy it. I only wish I had a bigger room, or colder nights for mine...

TE
  5. lopiliberty

lopiliberty Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Mineral County, WV
    I know with packed firebox my liberty's secondary burn is somewhat scary. Sometimes I get the lazy blue flame, but most of the time I have a firebox full of secondary flames that looks like its coming at you at 100 MPH. With a packed firebox you should be able to get 8 to 12 hours if all the stars aline;) I have actually gotten longer than 12 with my stove can't remember for sure how much longer
  6. coldkiwi

coldkiwi Member

Loc:
    Socal
    Hey Pete I am going to cut the surround so it will be 6 odd inches all around.That way there isn't a whole mass of black around the stove.
    The secondaries were roaring the other night,had to stay up and keep an eye on it,man it was pumping out the heat . Have to get a thermometer for it.
    Used to get 8 to 10 hours on the Revere quite often.
    Pallet Pete likes this.