Revere out Freedom in

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coldkiwi

Burning Hunk
May 2, 2012
Socal
Well, I removed the revere the other day and slid the new freedom, did it solo so was a bit of work, but all connected and working.Seems to be a good upgrade as it throws out more heat than the revere(which wasn't a slug). 2 nights ago,was 50 degrees out so thought we would have a fire
so I got a good fire going, packed in a goodly amount of 22 inch splits, gave it 5 to get going then cut the air right back.We went upstairs to watch a movie came down 45 mins later to a spectacular show of secondary flame, man was this thing throwing out some heat.85 degrees in da house!Secondaries must have burnt for hours.Here is a couple of photos.Did not get one of the latest fire.Have to cut the surround to suit the frame on the rock..If anyone has a freedom let me know how it performs with a packed firebox. trek 077.JPGView attachment 98640View attachment 98640View attachment 98641trek 076.JPGtrek 079.JPG

Thats a good looking stove and chimney. Are you going to close the front up or leave it open.

Pete

I don't use mine for primary heat, more of a weekend burner. When I do load it full, I get some crazy heat from it. I get 8-10 hour burns with it. It's a very good stove, I have been very happy with mine.

Enjoy it. I only wish I had a bigger room, or colder nights for mine...

TE

I know with packed firebox my liberty's secondary burn is somewhat scary. Sometimes I get the lazy blue flame, but most of the time I have a firebox full of secondary flames that looks like its coming at you at 100 MPH. With a packed firebox you should be able to get 8 to 12 hours if all the stars aline;) I have actually gotten longer than 12 with my stove can't remember for sure how much longer

Hey Pete I am going to cut the surround so it will be 6 odd inches all around.That way there isn't a whole mass of black around the stove.
The secondaries were roaring the other night,had to stay up and keep an eye on it,man it was pumping out the heat . Have to get a thermometer for it.
Used to get 8 to 10 hours on the Revere quite often.

Reactions: Pallet Pete
Status
Not open for further replies.