Rika Integra II not igniting.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NoCalPelletFan

Hearth Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
No Cal
Any help greatly appreciated.

As stated, we have a Rika that heats our entire house. It is not starting as of yesterday. My wife turned it off and a few hours later, turned it back on again, and it does not ignite. It dumps some pellets and then times out with an Err CL error.

I have unplugged it for some hours and also tightened the pellet door limit switch.

Also, is there a technical troubleshooting manual anywhere on these units? The owner's manual is pretty devoid of useful troubleshooting information.

Thanks in advance,

Richard

NoCalPelletFan said:
Any help greatly appreciated.

As stated, we have a Rika that heats our entire house. It is not starting as of yesterday. My wife turned it off and a few hours later, turned it back on again, and it does not ignite. It dumps some pellets and then times out with an Err CL error.

I have unplugged it for some hours and also tightened the pellet door limit switch.

Also, is there a technical troubleshooting manual anywhere on these units? The owner's manual is pretty devoid of useful troubleshooting information.

Thanks in advance,

Richard

What does the manual say the CL error is about?

It says that "CL" means cleaning mode. It does not say what "Err CL" means, however. The manual is very lacking in technical detail.

It says that "CL" means cleaning mode. It does not say what "Err CL" means, however. The manual is very lacking in technical detail.

I have the Rika Integra insert also. Haven't ad your problem yet. I would look at the igniter to start with. Does it glow red when in the start mode? If not, I believe there are fuses in the back. The igniter might have one. Check them out. Or maybe igniter is bad. Maybe call Lucky Distributors and ask a tech there. Also, they may be able to get you an error code manual. I was thinking of calling them for one myself.

Firestarter: Yes, that noticeable that is it NOT glowing. Can you just pull the unit out of the fireplace and look at these? How much does this thing weigh and what is involved in removing them?

Inferno: Oh BLESS you ... tech manuals are awesome to have :))

You should be able to carefully slide it out to acces the back. They are very heavy, around 400 lbs I think. You will need to probably disconnect the flue pipe after sliding it out a bit. You should then be able to slide it out further to take a look at the fuse panel. Do you have the insert plugged into a surge protector? If not, you should get one for it.

Buschpounder said:
You should be able to carefully slide it out to acces the back. They are very heavy, around 400 lbs I think. You will need to probably disconnect the flue pipe after sliding it out a bit. You should then be able to slide it out further to take a look at the fuse panel. Do you have the insert plugged into a surge protector? If not, you should get one for it.

All good to know. Thanks. Yeah, surge protector would be good.

Thanks to everyone for the concise advise and the speed at which you've replied. This is a VERY helpful forum. Kudos to you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.