RIP Net Neutrality

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, Grisu and that is not why the South Seceded. Nice try. I guess when you can't beat someone's argument the next best thing is to try and classify them as a racist.

I beat your arguments already at multiple occasions; you are just the only one who does not realize it.
No it does not assume equal bargaining power, again you are making incorrect assumptions. Bargaining power only exists of these is a shortage of labor which in the case of field pickers there really isn't.

So you admit there is no equal bargaining power which means there is no free market. A market can only be free when both sides have equal ability to walk away from a deal. If one side needs to accept any wage in order to not starve we are not talking about a free market anymore. A person who can let an apartment stay empty for months has a different bargaining power than someone who needs a place to live.

Anyway, way off from the original topic.

I beat your arguments already at multiple occasions; you are just the only one who does not realize it.

Except of course, that you haven't. As I pointed out you basically pulled out a red herring as an argument and then tried to claim I was a racist.

So you admit there is no equal bargaining power which means there is no free market. A market can only be free when both sides have equal ability to walk away from a deal. If one side needs to accept any wage in order to not starve we are not talking about a free market anymore. A person who can let an apartment stay empty for months has a different bargaining power than someone who needs a place to live.

That isn't what is happening. You are falsely claiming that one party has to accept a wage or starve, when this is quite clearly not the case. There are other options.

Just because there are some people who are unskilled and have less options does not mean a free market does not exist. In reality it is government regulation that has driven out the free market and stifled opportunity and growth.

OK kids, another thread derailed. > this is not the ashcan.

Opening to share this segment. John Oliver has summed this topic up very well and with a great sense of humor.

Last edited:
This is just capitalism at work, doing what it does best: natural selection. You might not like the system, but it is our system, and you do have a right to change your citizenship any time.

Where in the Constitution does it say that the United States economy is and has to be based on capitalism? It is the system, but it isn't Ours ~ no need to change citizenship ~ just politicians.

Where in the Constitution does it say that the United States economy is and has to be based on capitalism? It is the system, but it isn't Ours ~ no need to change citizenship ~ just politicians.

Yes exactly the same north of 49 too btw.

Back on topic please or the door closes finally.

I did as John Oliver asked and left them a comments with my honest feelings. Thank you for that link.

Status
Not open for further replies.