1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)
  1. richkorn

richkorn Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE CT
    Jeff at Eastern CT Pellet doesn't sell any junk anymore, "it's not worth it" he says (though he will sell a truckload of Appling County if someone wants them; no thanks...) I have 3 tons of Lignetics and 1 ton of Barefoots (he doesn't get much of those) and picked up a few bags of the O'Malley to check out. The O'Malley look real close to Lignetics to me and burn good. Next time around I'll get some Okanagans.

-rk

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. splash

splash Member

Loc:
    western ma
    what happened with WWLP? did they do the story?
  3. weatherguy

weatherguy Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central Mass
    One of the Boston Channels did a piece on pellet stove this past week. It was basically an anti pellet stove piece comparing cost of stove + install and pellets versus gas/oil. I can see it not being a good move financially right now but gas/oil prices have a better chance of going up in the future than down. Also, some people have electric heat and it probably makes sense for them to go pellet.Hopefully pellets prices done mirror gas/oil in the future and they're plentiful.
  4. splash

splash Member

Loc:
    western ma
    So yet another scam...New England Pellets ' scam last year-they were one of my local dealers for me. I could walk into their office and could see their pellets in storage; Local guys scam also. I bought from another local dealer where I paid when I picked up the pellets. I will do my own pick up and delivery from now on; the price charged for the delivery is totally outrageous for the service provided.
  5. richyrambo

richyrambo New Member

Loc:
    Western Conn.
  6. wsorg

wsorg New Member

Loc:
    IL
    AMEX is usually good about disputes in favor of the customer. It gets tougher the longer you have to wait so these preorders are a risky thing.
  7. richyrambo

richyrambo New Member

Loc:
    Western Conn.
    Dealing with VISA here, we'll see how hard they stick to there 60 day limit considering criminal charges have just been filed.
  8. CarbonNeutral

CarbonNeutral Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Nashoba Valley(ish), MA
    I'm guessing that now your chances of getting money back from AMEX/VISA is now much more difficult as they were never going to take the fall - they were just going to get the money back from the vendor....
  9. richyrambo

richyrambo New Member

Loc:
    Western Conn.
    And in today's inbox...

10. Tedbud

Tedbud New Member

Loc:
    MA
    Hey,

Anybody out there help me get this giant fish hook out of my mouth??? That's right, I got stuck for $475.00 and played along with their messages until got today's inspirational email. I called my bank and issued a claim. They gave me a credit but if they can't get the monye they'll probably ask for it back.

I read the reports online and there is no mention as to what this "dualing banjo's" couple did with all the money.

And who do you suppose was the actual sender today's latest email installment?

So for all you other fish out there KEEP HOPE ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  11. Doublea88

Doublea88 Member

Loc:
    SE CT
    No problems here with Jeff @ Eastern!!!! Got my 1.3 tons 2wks ago and couldn't be more pleased!! oaks are burning now.. Hope he gets his garage door fixed though..lol
  12. splash

splash Member

Loc:
    western ma
    The news clip says they were charged with fraud. I don't think the New England Pellet LLC in Ct was ever charged. It was just the Attorney General investing forever and forever. I got my money back via AMEX but some people didn't get refunds from the CT company,.
  13. Lousyweather

Lousyweather Guest

Exactly right....if the company no longer posts transactions to the credit card company, the credit card company has nothing to post the credit against (current payments from charges of other folks due the company), then the credit card company will certainly not "eat" the claim.....
  14. humpin iron

humpin iron Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Northeast
    I believe that I recently saw an article that the op. of the Ct. company was charged with state fraud, it said that he was a state employee who was out on a disability claim, unable to work at all. But was filmed running the pellet company, driving forklifts, trucks, etc. He was arrested for fraud against the state, nothing to do with the pellet fraud.

DON'T PAY IN ADVANCE-DEAL WITH YOUR LOCAL GUY, the same guy that supports your comunity.
  15. CarbonNeutral

CarbonNeutral Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Nashoba Valley(ish), MA
    I'm also suspecting that the credit card companies are not going to like their suggestion that they do a charge back - the pellet company should be refunding them out of their bank account, but we already know that money is long gone on trying to get these machines running.

If I was in for more than a few hundred bucks, I would be filing a small claims against them so that when the liquidators show up, I stand a chance of getting some money back (IANAL, and I don't even know if it works this way, but I wouldn't sit back and wait for others to get their money back before me)
  16. Dougkb45

Dougkb45 Member

Loc:
    Western New York
    Received my refund last week from the New York State Attorney General's Office. Actually wrote my deposit off for my pellet order. I guess there is justice in this world after all :)
  17. gpcollen1

gpcollen1 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Western CT
    Good news...

I just buy from Agway - Hamer's, one ton at a time...
  18. humpin iron

humpin iron Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Northeast
    Learn a lesson???? SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL HEARTH SHOP THAT HAS BEEN AROUND FOR A WHILE !!!
  19. mike56

mike56 Member

Loc:
    broad brook,ct
    I would never buy pellets if i had to give a deposit, i ordered 2 tons of hamers from primo pellets, no deposet they were delivered 2 weeks after i called, great local company to do business with, I hope you get your money back.
  20. Countryboymo

Countryboymo Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    W Central MO
    I bought 2 tons for 205 each and went to load part of a pallet because of multiple trips and they told me they deliver for 1.00 a loaded mile for up to 3 tons. After I found out they would unload and drop the pallets in the garage I handed them a 20.00 and ran some other errands. The pellets were delivered and I wasn't home and the two guys that dropped them off offered to pack them to the basement and stack them for 10.00 more. The wife told them it was okay I would be home in a bit. I found out later they pack and stack the neighbors in their basement every year....2 ton for a 10 spot and not 10 each either. I think I would give them 10 each to pack them downstairs and neatly stack them in the back corner of his basement. Oh yeah and boy was I excited to learn I could have had the pellets all stacked for 10 bucks.
  21. richg

richg Minister of Fire

Man, that just put a smile on my face. Two thumbs up!
  22. magsf11

magsf11 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    buffalo ny
    There are some red flags about him, has/had a lawsute against him from the state of New York for defrading people on pellet orders last yr. Now he clames he owns part of Facebook and filed a lawsute against him.
  23. magsf11

magsf11 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    buffalo ny
    opps sorry about the spelling was talking to my 5yrpld and I hit post with out looking.
  24. Dougkb45

Dougkb45 Member

Loc:
    Western New York
  25. Bank

Bank Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    S. Maine
    Yikes, these horror stories are becoming all to real. Historically, I have purchased from woodpellets.com. Lastyear I purchased 3 tons of Granueles LG from Great Works Biofuels in Berwick, ME. They delivered the pellets while I was outta town and told me to just put a check in the mail, which I promptly did when I got home. Gotta love dealing with local businesses.