Rockford Chimney Supply kit recommendation sought

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought chimney liner insulation from them. They matched an ebay price and shipped it to the door in 3 days, I have to open the box but so far they are a real class act! I emailed a Brad there that was super easy to deal with.

I also had good luck with them. First I emailed with some questions, and since my business phone was on the message, he called (out of the blue) to help me. Then, like a fussy eater at the diner, I requested a substitution on the cap in their package deal, and they accommodated me. I remember making one more call to ask for something else, and so I appologized for being a PITA. Well, he was almost insulted at that statement. He firmly, but nicely, explained that I am The Customer, and he aims to serve me as best possible. Furthermore, the items I purchased, (liner, insulation kit, SS cap), all arrived quickly and as expected.

So yes, I was quite happy with them.

P.S. If I had to make an improvement...Their insulation kit inluded blanket, steel mesh, clamps, and spray adhesive. Beside the spray, the blanket won't really stay on without taping it using that metallic HVAC tape. This was recommended in the instructions, and I bought it at HomeDepot.

Thanks for the input. Did either of you consider the pourable insulation?

Granpa John - Are you saying you needed to use both the spray adhesive and HVAC tape to hold the blanket in place? I noticed both are included in the kit. By the way, where are you located in Central MD? I'm in Northern Baltimore County.

I bought my full SS liner from them last year. Included free shipping as well. I recommended this place to a friend of mine and found out this week they have most of the parts in their SS Liner Kits for free. Can't beat that..

gorsuchmill said:
Thanks for the input. Did either of you consider the pourable insulation?.
Considered it, and suspected it would be tough to hold it in place, (i.e. form in a chimney), until set. Also considered no insulation at all, and am glad I used it, because I have a cold, exterior chimney.

gorsuchmill said:
Granpa John - Are you saying you needed to use both the spray adhesive and HVAC tape to hold the blanket in place? I noticed both are included in the kit. By the way, where are you located in Central MD? I'm in Northern Baltimore County.

Yes, but I wonder if the spray was really needed. Maybe it's a NFPA code thing, I dunno. If both are now included, er... I guess they took my suggestion. I've used the tape for other items anyway, such as the block off plate.

I live in AnneArundel, but read most of this from my workplace in South Balto. (Near Ravens Stadium)

Status
Not open for further replies.