Rocky Mountain

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

magsf11

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Jan 31, 2009
buffalo ny
Has anyone notice the small pellet length on these? My avg length is 1/4 to maybe 1/2(very few of that length). dont remember them being that short when I tried them last spring. just wondering.

Attachments

• 100_2363.jpg
    100_2363.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 367
i tried a bag last week that had the same size pellets.....but with the heat they put out not really an issue for me...GREAT PELLET!

I just burned a few bags and thought the same thing. Shorter pellets and more fines than I remember but they still burn good with little ash.

burned a ton last year and was very happy with them. not sure if size matters!!

size (small that is) as long as they are not ground to dust doesnt matter that much also its been my experience that the same brand can come in slightly different length average from year to year , no biggie , i should note though that in most cases you would notice slightly to moderately faster feeding with smaller pellets due to the increased density of pellets per section of auger flighting (more fit in the same space) so each turn would yield more fuel.

Depends on the stove, my Mini did not feed well with them. But they do put out some heat!

magsf11 said:
Has anyone notice the small pellet length on these? My avg length is 1/4 to maybe 1/2(very few of that length). dont remember them being that short when I tried them last spring. just wondering.
i just bought 3 bags to test they are the same size as yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.