rookie review Husq 235/neighbor help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, tried the blue and failure. Tried the red, still failure. After the red failed is when I had helicoils put in and used star washers under the bolt heads; failure again.

Hoping the tack of weld will due the trick. I figure I should be able to grind it off in the future since they are allen bolts to get it off if need be. If not, it will cost me a muffler. But, that's better than getting stuck with a failure when I've devoted time to cutting and the rest of the saw is up to par.

The husky dealer (who is a good friend) told me since he sold me that saw he figures almost 50% of the 350's he has sold have come back with the same problem. For most, the helicoils and star washers did the trick.

Oh well, I bought the saw when it was a new enough model that this problem wasn't showing up yet. Went 3 or 4 years without and issue on it. Guess I really can't complain. Just hate seeing an otherwise solid piece of equipment have an issue.

pen
What years did the 350's have that problem Pen? My 350's about 12 years old and haven had that problem yet. Still runs like new, just put a new bar on it, I got it stuck in a tree and went to get a wedge to get it out, when I came back with the wedge my nephew trying to be the hero yanked it out and pinched my bar, darn kids.

Must be it was the middle or later years then? Or you just wound up in the lucky group of owners? Not sure exactly, mine is about 7 years old I believe.

pen

Status
Not open for further replies.