Rotate a vented freestanding gas stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

GJo

Feb 22, 2024
CT
Hello,
About a month or so ago I had a Jotul free standing gas fire stove installed and it's been working well for us. However I would like the stove rotated about 45 degrees so it faces our couch. Currently it seems a bit off angle. I am not asking to reposition or move it to another location. It just needs to rotate slightly, Is this possible? How much work does it involve? Thanks!

here you go -
Thank you!

Screenshot 2024-02-22 at 7.10.32 AM.png

Reactions: DAKSY
What model is that? We have to see if turning it will violate the Clearance to Combustibles as dictated by the manual.

Here are your requirements. It may be possible to simply turn the unit, if the venting is not secured to the flue collar with sealant. If the DV pipe is simply pushed into position, get someone to help you by holding the vent pipe while you try to turn the stove, WHEN BOTH ARE COOL TO THE TOUCH.
You will need to protect your hearth pad from damage with small pieces of cardboard under the feet. If the venting Is secured to the flu collar, it will have to be disconnected first, before any rotation is attempted.

IMG_7866.jpeg

Thanks so much! This is helpful!
How can I find out if the venting is not secured to the flue collar with sealant though?