1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Ryobi 4 Ton Electric Log Splitter Do we still like them?

Post in 'The Gear' started by johnsopi, Nov 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnsopi

johnsopi Minister of Fire

Loc:
    MD near DE&PA;
    I use mine for splitting piece's smaller inside these days. For all the heavy duty splitting I rent a full size gas splitter. I tried the Ryobi for all my splitting but I ruined it and had to return it. Over all I like it a lot for what I use it for, and I use mine everyday.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. rdrcr56

rdrcr56 New Member

I've split 6 cords with mine so far, and the only problem was a torn o-ring in the control valve, repaired under warranty. I still like it a-lot but will be buying a 22 ton speeco this spring for the bigger stuff, but will still use the Ryobi for the smaller logs.
  3. wahoowad

wahoowad Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Virginia
    yup, mine is 2 seasons old I think. No problems. Splits 95% of the rounds I can lift in my truck. If anything it taught me to not bring home the gnarly pieces. They screw up my tidy stacks anyway.
  4. CountryGal

CountryGal Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Mojave Desert California
    We love ours! Used it yesterday to split kindling for the week-end as it is getting a little chilly. Haven't fired up the stove yet but probably will tonight. Our 9YO grandson is coming today and I'm sure he and his grandpa will be splitting some wood for grandma.
  5. johnsopi

johnsopi Minister of Fire

Loc:
    MD near DE&PA;
    Mine great with poplar and pine but won't take on any thing too tough, but I have a lot of sweet and black gum.
  6. derbygreg

derbygreg New Member

Loc:
    Columbus - Hilliard, OH
    Still running strong, bet I have split over 7 cords. Some stuff that I can not get through, I just stack up and let it dry, then I am able to split it later.

Good splitter.
  7. fire_N_ice

fire_N_ice Member

Loc:
    Monmouth County, NJ
    Me too, @60 hours on mine, no problems
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.