Ryobi Infrared Thermometer...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg Ray

Nov 20, 2005
TX
If your looking for a good Infrared Thermometer cheap,, I found a good one at Home Depot this morning for $29.00. Works great!!!

great timing, I was just about to buy one. Planning on using it around the house to help find drafts and air leaks. Think this one will be good enough for that purpose?
what is the model number? and temp ranges? and what ratio does it have?

Thanks
Dave

How high a temp does it register? I checked out one at Lowe's but the temp maxxed out at 500 degrees or so . . . not enough for what I wanted.

firefighterjake said:
How high a temp does it register? I checked out one at Lowe's but the temp maxxed out at 500 degrees or so . . . not enough for what I wanted.

This is the one I just bought. The store had it for 39.99. I printed the website price and they matched it and then I used the 20% off coupon I had from last week and that took another 6$ off. It has a max temp of 968F.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=96451

DaveM said:
great timing, I was just about to buy one. Planning on using it around the house to help find drafts and air leaks. Think this one will be good enough for that purpose?
what is the model number? and temp ranges? and what ratio does it have?

Thanks
Dave
Dave mine works good for what I needed.. I was just wanting to know if my Rutland thermometer was close. The model number is IROO1 Temp ranges or -4F to 600F ,, ratio is 8:1 .. I use it also on my appliances and stuff around home. If I had a Harbor freight close,, I would buy theirs...

Status
Not open for further replies.