Sabrina hates me

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuroe

Dec 15, 2015
Japan
Just got a Sabrina yesterday. It worked great for a few hours then started beeping saying something about no lit or no ignite. I cleaned it out then tried it again and same thing, worked for a few hours and started beeping. Now it's just feeding pellets in phase I not lighting. Help!

Call your dealer. Your stove is clearly still under warranty or did you buy it second hand?

Maybe its homesick and wants to go back to Italy.:)
I would track down the exhaust probe and see if it properly into the exhaust to sense the fire and then wire back to the controls to check that they are properly connected.
I may finally fire up the Elena latter this week as we finally get close to normal temps.

Just got a Sabrina yesterday. It worked great for a few hours then started beeping saying something about no lit or no ignite. I cleaned it out then tried it again and same thing, worked for a few hours and started beeping. Now it's just feeding pellets in phase I not lighting. Help!
One, you should send a message to Pascal Maertens, he's our resident expert on Piazzetta stoves.

Two, the manual says an ignition failure can be caused by pellets not being the right size, or a voltage drop. Any issues with the power there?

Also, the stove won't go to Phase 2 if there's no temp rise, so that would mean the igniter might not be coming on. Can you see the igniter glow red thru the pellets in Phase 1? If not, perhaps the igniter is bad or not seated correctly or the wire is loose on the board. However, since it originally happened while running, that would make you think it's more likely to be an intermittent voltage drop.

I just looked, voltage in Japan is 100 volts, which is slightly lower than in the US, which may be the problem, as the manual specifically states that a voltage drop can result in a no ignition.

Hi, I would need more info please;

first I'd like to say that you have purchase one of the best pellet stove there is

did your dealer adjust your stove with a manometter ?
have you talk about this issue to your dealer ?
you are a new customer I assume that your dealer must care about their customer relation and do what ever is needed to do ?
is your stove is under warranty or is it an used one ?

I can help you, no problem. but I would suggest to call your dealer first

1. is there any soot on your door ? I mean black
  2. is there any accumulation of unburned pellets in the grate ?
  3. and can you start your stove and chrono the time it take to lite up a flamme, and the time it take to get that message.
  4. I am sure that no one ( again, and again ) came to adjust the stove for your house and your comfort.
  5. this is an issue of adjustments again; it's all about the pellet feed and combustion fan
I'm a little disappointed about some dealers it's been now 5 years that Piazzetta products are in North America, and still many dealers treat this stove just like an hold regular chit box pellets stove that have no adjustments. These stove have so many ways to be adjust no matter what insolation the house as and also to the customer confort, in sound and heat. They have to go and adjust the stove at home for the customer satisfaction.

Regards

Pascal, the OP is not in North America but Japan which may pose a set of problems with voltage etc

Original Poster

Status
Not open for further replies.