Safe and Sound

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mass_burner

Minister of Fire
Sep 24, 2013
SE Mass
Finally had a chance to add sides and front shudder to my deck rack. Last year blowing snow made this rack unusable. Two screws up top keep the front on, gonna think up something a bit more elegant later, but had get it on there before the flakes

fly.
uploadfromtaptalk1453573225851.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1453573233490.jpg

DO you use the wheel feature to move it around?

Elegant solution:
Make the doors tall enough to be covered by a bar of wood at the top and put a thin strip of wood across the front bottom. To install it just lift it over that thin front strip. To remove it do the same thing, lift across the strip.

DO you use the wheel feature to move it around?
Yes. I used to use it in the walk-in basement, I'd wheel it out to the driveway, fillit , then wheel and back under the stairs. Now I wheel it to face the wheel barrow, then move it back.

Yes. I used to use it in the walk-in basement, I'd wheel it out to the driveway, fillit , then wheel and back under the stairs. Now I wheel it to face the wheel barrow, then move it back.
Besides, a wise man once told me " put everything you can on wheels ".

You need to clean out your gutters. :)
Ha! I have those black mesh covers, but the pods from a oak tree over to the left get stuck in the crease near the front. They don't impede water though, or get into the gutter.

Elegant solution:
Make the doors tall enough to be covered by a bar of wood at the top and put a thin strip of wood across the front bottom. To install it just lift it over that thin front strip. To remove it do the same thing, lift across the strip.
I like it. Another option would be to simply add hinges and make it a door.

Looks great. Unfortunately, that would last me 2 or 3 days in cold weather. As I get older, moving wood is becoming a PITA.

Looks great. Unfortunately, that would last me 2 or 3 days in cold weather. As I get older, moving wood is becoming a PITA.
I hear ya. That's about 3 full wheel barrows. Should last about 5 days in average winter temps.

Don't say that around Oldman47, heard he went for his daily walk and ended up beating the high school cross country running team.

Reactions: Dantheman300z
Not in that kind of shape here but I do enjoy doing rather than sitting.

Reactions: heavy hammer
I hear ya. That's about 3 full wheel barrows. Should last about 5 days in average winter temps.
Just Emptied the rack, my count is 8 18gal bins, may be off, didn't write it down, next time I will.

2 snow storms, one of them a blizzard, bone dry inside next day, although the bottom row of splits were frozen to the bottom which means some moisture did get in.

Status
Not open for further replies.