Salty Wood pellets rot quad fire pot!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

Has anyone used Manke Clean Burn Wood Pellets with the results shown?

http://www.mikepellegrini.com/weblog/2008/04/manke_clean_burn_wood_pellets.php

Then the guy asked, “You use Clean Burn, huh?”
He said when he was working as a repairman, he’d found that if the people used Clean Burn pellets, the average life of the firepots went between 4-5 years. Almost every time. But if they burned any other type of pellets, the pots would generally last 7-8 years.
The difference is salt.

Attachments

• QuadRottedFirePot.JPG
    QuadRottedFirePot.JPG
    231.6 KB · Views: 256
My Pot still looks like new. Every year.

I have burned 13 different brands throughout the years.

I would think that there cleaning regiment would play a large part also. Not cleaning the stove and/or living in a Humid area, no A/C in the home, Etc. Cast can last a long time when kept up. But if its let go... Look out. index-9.jpeg

Reactions: Defiant
My dealer has some pics right on the counter of some rotted out baffles and burn pots with a recommendation to avoid the pellets responsible for that damage.

Reactions: pip3398
Dexter that thing is way too clean. Run a few hundred bags through that thing and post another picture :)

Dexter that thing is way too clean. Run a few hundred bags through that thing and post another picture :)

Just one burn will make a big difference!

Manke clean burns has had problems with this since they started production since they store logs in the puehet sound which has salt in it, but they insist that they never use any dust from those logs to make pellets. they also get dust from Buse forrest products that also soaks in the sound. if you burn a few bags of these you will see a buildup on the firepot of a crusty stuff that does not easily wirebrush off. but they do sell for 199 a ton year round

Status
Not open for further replies.