SaniTred for Storage Tank coating?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

55Razor

Jan 23, 2008
St.Clair,Mich.
Is anyone familiar with or used these products? Given the long-term temperature concerns with using an EPDM liner for an unpressurized heat storage tank, do you think this would be a viable option? The temp ratings look good, but I take them somewhat with a grain of salt. My thought would be some kind of a wood-walled, insulated storage tank, constructed as tightly as possible and then lined with this product. http://www.sanitred.com/
What do you think?

I have no experience with the product but it appears to have the qualities that would make a great storage liner.

I looked all over for a product such as this last year but settled for an EPDM liner.

The liner was difficult to install in the tank and has a limited heat threshold. It has held the water with no leaks for 14 months now. It hasn't been exposed to high heat yet.

If I had known about Sani Tred last year, I think I would have used that product.

Looks like interesting stuff - might be worth contacting them to see what they say about a hydronic type application. Not sure if it would do well on bolt together type tanks, but it might be ideal for concrete / block wall tanks...

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.