Santa fe 8761

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Wizard1

Jan 4, 2024
Lowell, vt
Got called to look at an Santa Fe Lp gas stove.
Been working fine for years.
Just decided to get the delayed ignition.
Checked incoming gas pressure .5", just like the book calls for
Took vent off and checked if clear, damper is 100% open
Checked burner, blew out with a compressor, everything is clear
Set the lava stones just in the front and added some rock wool.
It does light better if on high, but still delayed
Homeowner says it just started. I didnt install, so i dont know
Let me know what i missed

Is the burner correctly positioned on the burner orifice? Did you pull the orifice to make sure the tube behind it is clear?

Is the burner correctly positioned on the burner orifice? Did you pull the orifice to make sure the tube behind it is clear?
I did, I found it not in all of the way originally. figured that would solve it, but it didnt. I pulled the orfice and chceked to see of it was dirty, it was not. pulled all of the venting apart, all seems ok.
It was actually lighting off nice, but then would go out, found i had gotten the vent not in all of the way in the wall termination, correctly.
fixed that, now delayed ignition again.

And the alignment of the burner on the orifice? If it isn’t directly aligned, it will blow fuel out of the air shutter & that fuel won’t ignite until it reaches the pilot flame. Also, check the burner ports closest to the pilot. Make sure they are clear.

Got called to look at an Santa Fe Lp gas stove.
Been working fine for years.
Just decided to get the delayed ignition.
Checked incoming gas pressure .5", just like the book calls for
Took vent off and checked if clear, damper is 100% open
Checked burner, blew out with a compressor, everything is clear
Set the lava stones just in the front and added some rock wool.
It does light better if on high, but still delayed
Homeowner says it just started. I didnt install, so i dont know
Let me know what i missed
is the pilot flame big enough?
Dirt in the pilot orifice?