Quadra-Fire Santa Fe - is there a setting?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JoeR

I have the Santa Fe model and I am concerned that the constant cycling ON and OFF will dramatically shorten the life of the igniter. Is there a setting that will keep the fire in the burn pot at a minimum by adding a small amount of pellets to keep the fire going and then add more when the thermostat calls for more heat? I have been running it on LOW with the thermostat cranked over to very hot to avoid the cycling. Any thoughts on this or is the cycling just part of normal operation and can't be avoided? Thank you.

You could try closing your feed gate some to limit the amount of pellets dropping into the auger.

What thermostat are you using? You could switch to one that has an adjustable differential on it to reduce the number of calls for heat. You would also then have a wider swing on room temperature.

You could try closing your feed gate some to limit the amount of pellets dropping into the auger.

What thermostat are you using? You could switch to one that has an adjustable differential on it to reduce the number of calls for heat. You would also then have a wider swing on room temperature.
Thank you, I did the differential adjust and moved the needle toward "longer cycles" CCW in my case and I will give her a good test in the fall. Once a farmer always a farmer, I am sure you are still stopping to look at crops :)

1659625480363.png
1659625578899.png

Reactions: Former Farmer