Sav Give Me My Stake Back!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Looks like Sav made the trip east and did some stacking, next time dennis do them all!

zap

Attachments

• 100_1828-1.jpg
    100_1828-1.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 575
Jags said:
I couldn't friggen stack wood like that on a bet. >:-( The bastage would fall over before I got half done.

Jags give it time, I'm sure it won't last the winter.

zap

thats craftsmanship right there

Delta-T said:
thats craftsmanship right there

I'd agree with you but I'd like to see a little more uniformity in the splits

.......coloration is off a little ,too.........

I can't wait 'till I have the time to make my stacks look like that.

zapny said:
Looks like Sav made the trip east and did some stacking, next time dennis do them all!

zap

Hey Zap, I promise to do a better job the next time. I was in a bit of a hurry. The next time will look more like this:

Wood-2009c.gif

But isn't that one stack looking awful. I've been amazed all this time that someone has not mentioned it. Well, that leaning stack is gone now so we no longer worry about it. I was afraid it would be my first one to fall over. I'm still batting 100%.

I got these covered now with more galvanized roofing so they are ready for winter.

Wood-2010d.gif

Sav, you have it mastered.

zap

Aw heck guys, that ain't nothin'! I use a level and a chalk line on my stacks:
IMG_7691%20(800x600).jpg

Jags said:
Now Quads - THATS what I'm talking about. :lol: Looks darn near like when I do it.
And I ain't kiddin' either! Those really are some of my stacks....... Picture taken this Spring, now they are even a little more rustic-looking. Cut it, split it, sort of throw it in a stack....done. That's my motto! HA!

I bet I can slam a post in faster than you can build that, lol. No way I can find enough evenly shaped and sized pieces to make a stack like that with any sort of speed or precision. Kudos to you, it does look nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.