Sav I Found It!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Sav I was going through some old pictures like usual and came across the milk crate, it's been back in this location minus the stack of cherry for sometime.

zap

Attachments

• 100_0477.jpg
    100_0477.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 499
Great find Zap! lol Now you can put it to good use.

wood spliter said:
Zap, what kind and how big of a splitter do you have?

We have the American CLS 24 Ton Vertical/Horizontal and I picked up a second splitter like Sav's, a MTD 20 Ton Vertical/Horizontal.

Spliter the reason I picked the second splitter up was so I could bring it up top and cover it and leave it, It's a good size hill that I need to haul the splitter up and the American CLS weighs close to 600 pounds plus I cut on the lower part of the property which I use the 24 ton most of the time.

zap

Attachments

• 100_1396.jpg
    100_1396.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 376
  • 100_0263.jpg
    100_0263.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 386
Uh Zap, just how much property you got there, that you need two splitters to cover the upper and the lower territories?

You got me thinking for the future when I might be ready to go hydraulic. My property stretches out over a 7700 sq ft area (110 ft x 70 ft), do you think I could get away with only one splitter? ;-)

Looks like you're having a great time with all them toys. :cheese:

Carbon, I don't think it is so much the size of Zap's property, although he has a good sized chunk of land, but he also has some pretty tough terrain; steep hills.

Carbon_Liberator said:
Uh Zap, just how much property you got there, that you need two splitters to cover the upper and the lower territories?

You got me thinking for the future when I might be ready to go hydraulic. My property stretches out over a 7700 sq ft area (110 ft x 70 ft), do you think I could get away with only one splitter? ;-)

Looks like you're having a great time with all them toys. :cheese:

Carbon_Liberator Sav is correct, the hill going up top is steep enough that we made the purchase of the second splitter for safety reasons, the MTD stays up top. Great time = No Oil Deliveries since Jan. 2009. :coolsmile:

zap

wood splitter, I can't answer for Zap but can tell you about our 20 ton splitter. Perhaps you've seen some of my posts, but we've had ours somewhere around 20 years and have had zero problems. It splits everything we need splitting. Well, there was one split that we did not get split. Perhaps we could have but it was a knotty nasty elm and wasn't worth much. I simply threw it on a brush pile and forgot all about it. In the 20 years we've had this splitter it has split maybe 200 cord give or take. With the 2-stage pump, it splits like a breeze and is plenty fast. Ours has a Briggs and Stratton 5 hp engine.

wood spliter said:
Zap, how do you feel about the 20 ton splitter. I'm looking.

Spliter so far it has split everything I put in front of it, sugar maple,beech and cherry. Started great in the dead of winter also, Sav has the same splitter and can vouch for it's durability.

zap

wood spliter said:
Sav chime in.

I saw that after I posted, spliter are you getting any strong winds tonight?

zap

wood spliter said:
Yes, real strong winds. But we have had them so much this fall I think everything is already down.

They are supposed to kick in between 10:00 pm tonight through the morning.

zap

You boys need to get your hands on some of those vintage metal milk crates/baskets.
!BTnOW0!!Wk~$(KGrHgoH-CgEjlLl1Ej9BKJY!fZVIQ~~_1.jpg

Danno77 said:
You boys need to get your hands on some of those vintage metal milk crates/baskets.
!BTnOW0!!Wk~$(KGrHgoH-CgEjlLl1Ej9BKJY!fZVIQ~~_1.jpg

Already have some of those Danno. I worked in dairy a lot of my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.