Savannah Westpoint Problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie0664

Jan 1, 2014
New Brunswick, Canada
I'm hoping someone can help me with this little problem I'm having with my westpoint. I did up a small
video so you could have a look at my situation. I don't know anything about this stove and I can't
find much about it on the net.
I bought it used, the Guy said he only burnt about 40 bags so it shouldn't be plugged up, or I
wouldn't think it would be. The burn pot is filling up pretty quick and the flame looks
lazy.
I'm wondering if he forgot a spot when he was cleaning it? I'm hopping someone
on here can fill me in on this stove and tell me exactly where it has to be cleaned? From
my understanding it is a pretty easy stove to keep clean? Maybe the fan is bad in it, I don't know.
that's why I'm looking for some help.
One thing I did notice is when it's on # 5 you can lay your hand on the front grate and the air
is not hot, it's worm. My other pellet stove in the house (Eco 45), if it is on # 3 the grate will burn
your hand if you leave it their, so for some reason the Weatpoint is not throwing heat like it should.

From my understanding the Hudson River Weatpoint and the Savannah Westpoint are the
same stove, so if anyone owns one of these and wouldn't mind helping me out I would
greatly appreciate it.

This is a little video

I believe you have the same problem as I had originally. The burn pot does not sit great and there is air bypass around the pot causing eventual pellet buildup.

I got a thin piece of rope gasket and literally ties it in a knot under the lip. Just be careful you don't use the thick rope gasket or your igniter hole may not line up.

I now only touch my stove when the ash bin is full and never run it over three, even them I am in high/lo mode. Setting five and you could roast a pig in your living room

The cleaning is a piece of cake. There are two traps, one on each side. I suggest looking up leaf blower trick and try it. Best way to ensure a clean stove.

Check out this pic....this is what I did to the burn pot. Rope gasket goes all the way around and is tied on the side.

Attachments

• downloadfile-1.jpeg
    downloadfile-1.jpeg
    127.7 KB · Views: 170
Status
Not open for further replies.