1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Save A Tree

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by thewoodlands, Jan 10, 2012.

1. thewoodlands

thewoodlands Minister of Fire

Eat a Beaver! ;-)

zap

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

Where is the blood? If there is no blood you didn't hit the beaver hard enough zap! %-P He got away didn't he?
    Pete
  3. thewoodlands

Never saw the beaver Pete, just a saying I heard. This is the second small Beech since 2008 a beaver started on but never finished. The brook is always wide open, never any sign of a hut, go figure.

I would never shoot a beaver, plenty of room for both of us.

zap
  4. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

Just out of curiosity have they killed any of the Beech after chewing them up?

Pete
  5. thewoodlands

I think the first one is still living, I'll grab a pic this weekend.

Zap
  6. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

It would be sad if it died from lack of beaver attention instead of to much beaver attention .

Pete
  7. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    We had several beaver for a few years but as the popple got a bit thinner, they soon moved out. We had 6 dams on our section of the creek. I also found a red oak they were working on and that is the first time I've ever seen them tackle an oak. However, I go the oak first. lol
  8. kenny chaos

kenny chaos Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Rochester,ny

That's what June used to say. :lol:
  9. certified106

certified106 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Athens, Ohio
    You just think you wouldn't shoot a beaver, wait until they dam up a creek and flood about ten acres of farm ground to the point you can't work it and it kills all your corn then you will shoot a beaver lol. :lol:
    In case you are wondering I am speaking by experience little pesky suckers used to cause of so much headache it was ridiculous. We had a wildlife officer that swore he was going to trap one for us since he liked the hides and he tried for weeks to trap that thing but it kept tripping the traps and getting away so finally he was on his way to check the traps and saw it on the bank. He got all excited pulled up and shot the thing and when he went down to get it it was in the trap :lol: He was fit to be tied after he realized he messed up the hide