Save A Tree

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Eat a Beaver! ;-)

zap

Attachments

• 100_4521-1.jpg
    100_4521-1.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 288
  • 100_4522-1.jpg
    100_4522-1.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 277
Where is the blood? If there is no blood you didn't hit the beaver hard enough zap! %-P He got away didn't he?
Pete

Never saw the beaver Pete, just a saying I heard. This is the second small Beech since 2008 a beaver started on but never finished. The brook is always wide open, never any sign of a hut, go figure.

I would never shoot a beaver, plenty of room for both of us.

zap

Just out of curiosity have they killed any of the Beech after chewing them up?

Pete

I think the first one is still living, I'll grab a pic this weekend.

Zap

It would be sad if it died from lack of beaver attention instead of to much beaver attention .

Pete

We had several beaver for a few years but as the popple got a bit thinner, they soon moved out. We had 6 dams on our section of the creek. I also found a red oak they were working on and that is the first time I've ever seen them tackle an oak. However, I go the oak first. lol

zapny said:
Never saw the beaver Pete, just a saying I heard. This is the second small Beech since 2008 a beaver started on but never finished. The brook is always wide open, never any sign of a hut, go figure.

I would never shoot a beaver, plenty of room for both of us.

zap

You just think you wouldn't shoot a beaver, wait until they dam up a creek and flood about ten acres of farm ground to the point you can't work it and it kills all your corn then you will shoot a beaver lol. :lol:
In case you are wondering I am speaking by experience little pesky suckers used to cause of so much headache it was ridiculous. We had a wildlife officer that swore he was going to trap one for us since he liked the hides and he tried for weeks to trap that thing but it kept tripping the traps and getting away so finally he was on his way to check the traps and saw it on the bank. He got all excited pulled up and shot the thing and when he went down to get it it was in the trap :lol: He was fit to be tied after he realized he messed up the hide

Status
Not open for further replies.