Saw a moped today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashful

Minister of Fire
Mar 7, 2012
Philadelphia
So, it's been dipping below 0F regularly the last ten days, and we have had nasty -20F windchills, blowing snow across most of our rural roads where I live. Cars so caked in salt, we can't tell what color they are, sometimes.

I hit the grocery store on my way home from work, and I'm cold in my heated truck. It's about 10F outside. I pull into a parking spot next to a red moped, with a wicker basket bungeed on the back seat. Most bizarre thing I've seen in a long time, and I wish I had thought to take a picture. I half wanted to wait for the owner to come out of the store, out of curiosity, but I had to get home, and they were still in the store when I left. It might have been one of the teen cashiers, for all I know.

That snow blowing over the roads means they're plenty slippery, to the point where my truck was getting a little squirrely just headed up the road from the store to home.

Reactions: Warm_in_NH
Got caught in the snow (spring time, not mid winter) on my MC years ago. Had to stay in the tire tracks of the cars as it started sticking to the roads.

Luckily it was a light sport bike and I have a ton of off road hours, so while it was a bit sketchy, I was still able to enjoy the looks on the faces of the people in the cars as they drove by.

Saw several cyclists the last few days. Maybe in weather not quite as bad as in your case. Still, Vermonters are a tough breed.

I'd be concerned for the snow on the roads on 2 wheels..unless I had some studded tires.

Considering guys like Jake and tons of my friends get on their snowmobiles in -20F, I figure ya just need to dress appropriately on a moped :)

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.