Saw dust shortages.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it all depends on how backward integrated a producer of wood pellets is to their raw material supply. If a producer like Somerset gets all their fiber from their sister company that produces hard wood flooring, they are going to be in much better shape than producers who have to purchase fiber in the market.

Not sure about sawdust shortage but just to be on the safe side, I'm picking up another ton of something good tomorrow, probably Barefoots. My supplier has about 100 tons in his yard right now. Said supply has been very steady coming in this year but I rather have another ton in my basement then his yard even if there's no shortage on his part. Plus I'm applying for Pellet Piggy status so another ton should do it.

Have roughly 20 tons of Eden's left....good for - a few years LOL...

Anyone need some pellets?? $200/ton.

Saw dust shortage!? It's all just BS to raise prices. Many pellet mills bought hammer mills from when the housing first took a nose dive and so did the supply of saw dust. I would tell them to go pound sand. :) What about pellets being shipped over seas? Saw dust shortage my buttock.

Status
Not open for further replies.