Scandia 310c Available

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iowajennifer

Jul 28, 2010
Eastern Iowa
Hi, I am new to the site and forum here, but am in need of some advice, pretty please! I have had this wood stove in my home for 8 years, and we have never used it and want to find someone who would. It seems to be in great condition as shown. I am trying to find a buyer for it, but I have no idea where to go to get the word out (or a reasonable price). Our biggest concern is finding a seller who realizes how heavy it is and can remove it safely, as I am unable to do it myself (especially the two steps into the garage!). Any advice, offers, suggestions, etc. would be most appreciated, thank you all very much!

Attachments

• P1070607.jpg
    P1070607.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 1,513
Welcome!

Craigslist is where we see most of these stoves. You could probably get a couple hundred bucks for it at most. They were very very inexpensive stoves years ago and should probably be checked over very carefully before being put into use. Personally I would just post a craigslist ad and explain that it is a very heavy stove and the buyer should bring a friend or two, and maybe an appliance dolly.

Rather than me type page after page, do a search on the Forum for "Scandia" to see the story of the stoves and their quality or lack thereof.

Status
Not open for further replies.