scariest log splitter ever

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not so bad. You should see the one they demo at the county fair. Way more dangerous than that.

I worked on work comp claims for years I have seen many a machine that I would NEVER run or want to be around. This is one to add to the list.
I wonder if Uncle Jesse will stop by and teach you how to run it since it looks as old as the hills ????? To ramp it up it needs a couple of those heads to come down at the same time :) If I showed my Uncle that video he would be making something like it and you know I would have to see it 'work".

those guys are making good production ...the elevator is probably loading up a dump truck. If you producing wood to sell that's the way I do it.

savageactor7 said:
those guys are making good production ...the elevator is probably loading up a dump truck. If you producing wood to sell that's the way I do it.

That is true. I got to poking around and there aer at least 3 or 4 brands of those gizmos. But it seems like all I see them processing is soft wood.

And not a single branch or limb. I want to know how it handles wood that has lots of them.

Good lord...where's all the OSHA stickers, safety gates and shuch.... :eek:hh: Pretty cool!!!.

Hey, wanna see some spookey yet way cool stuff, go to a steam/thresher show. There's all kinds of potential for bad stuff to happen but it's SO freekin' cool to see how it used to be done. Betls flappin', steam...steaming, stuff spinning....GAAAHHHH....so cool.

no man said:
Looks like its about 100 yrs old. Easy way to lose a finger or a hand.

A finger or hand would be best case scenario. Watch out you don't lose your head...

Status
Not open for further replies.