Score ! Red Oak Overload

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HDRock

Minister of Fire
Oct 25, 2012
Grand Blanc, Mi
From CL add 2 1/2 Mi away
Pics in the add looked like some of the wood was punky, when I get there it is .
:) 5 year old, punky on the outside ,primo Red Oak, and a couple pieces of ash ,couple maple.
Ya , I over loaded the trailer a little , half a trailer load left for tomorrow .
I'm guessing a little over half a cord in the trailer .

IMG_20130916_183903.jpg IMG_20130916_194701.jpg IMG_20130916_195149.jpg

All red oak is good HD. I burn punky stuff in the late fall. It burns really nice. The punky area of course will show high moisture. It dries out fast though. Good score;)

All red oak is good HD. I burn punky stuff in the late fall. It burns really nice. The punky area of course will show high moisture. It dries out fast though. Good score;)
Picked up the rest today, may be a cord total
Oh ya ,this red oak is good , busted a couple of rounds open , one ,19" X 20" long , checked it 20 different places and ,WOW , 17 to 22% MC .:)
Hard to believe that big of a round is that dry inside, but it is
I don't know how old this stuff is but , punk on the outside , and solid inside

It's much darker color than the pic , the flash screwed it up , don't even look like red oak in this pic

IMG_20130917_194642.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.