1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

SCORE!!!!!

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by iceman, Jun 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceman

iceman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Springfield Ma (western mass)
    not really ... got a little 8 ton wood splitter from HD for a 150 plus a 10% discount
    its a 6.5 BS engine
    i also found out hd sells reconditioned splitters for 400 bucks ...... good luck finding one (20 ton)

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Todd

Todd Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Lake Wissota
    That is a great score. I bought an 8 ton splitter from Menards a few years ago and it cost me $500.
  3. SolarAndWood

SolarAndWood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Syracuse NY
    Nice. I have been splitting 95% of what I scrounged over the winter with a little splitter. It is small enough that I pull it along with me instead of ever moving wood to it. There are still a few rounds that I set aside for the big splitter, but not many. Good luck with it.
  4. iceman

iceman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    i have been calling every HD around trying to find a reconditioned one... no luck they have swishers in some stores for 1300..... i am tempted to buy return and buy again for 400!... but hopefully this saves my back a little and when big ones come i will pull out the axe and either make them smaller or just split em with the axe... but best believe this fall i will be looking for a recon
  5. Skier76

Skier76 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    CT and SoVT
    I've checked the local HD and haven't found any scores like some on here have mentioned. For $250-$150....I'd buy one for the heck of it!
  6. iceman

iceman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    i know a couple of them have the trail warrior 12 ton for 650
  7. Tfin

Tfin New Member

Loc:
    Central Maine
    Brand new!?!
  8. iceman

iceman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    the splitter i bought was brand new... and yes the trailwarrior price is brand new
    HD does sell their reconditioned ones (if someone puts gas in it they have to sell it as recon) for as low as 400

Hell i was thinking of buying a swisher then returning it and tell my buddy to buy it back at 400!
    but that would be wrong... but its tempting
    so i will wait till this fall and get a recon for 400
  9. billb3

billb3 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE Mass
    A lot of rental places around here would sell off all thier Summer rentals (like lawn mowers and such) in the Fall.
    They probably do the same with splitters, maybe HD does, too. Don't know when 'end of season' would be with splitters, though. But that's cuz I could use one year round around here.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.