Screen for Wood Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jersey Joe

Is there a way I can get a screen made to fit my old wood stove? I kinda sold the idea of the stove on the fact that we can leave the doors open occasionaly to watch the fire. I'd feel more comfortable if I had a screen to snap in.

TIA

-JJ

When we bought our wood stove in 1985 the screen was outrageously priced. I got a large fireplace screen, one of the ones that curves back on the top and sides, larger than the front of the stove for twenty bucks new. The few times that we actually burned open, when we had company, I just pulled the doors and sat the screen on the hearth against the front of the stove. It gave a nice view of the fire and since if wrapped around the front of the stove on the top and sides no embers were going anywhere.

In fact it is sitting in the garage looking brand new headed for the landfill. I wish you lived close.

BB... That's not a bad idea. My hearth has a built in wood cubby almost the size of the fireplace itself. I can keep the screen in from of the wood cubby and I think it would complement the insert sitting next to it. Thx!

Yeah, mine can be used with the doors just swung wide open, or the doors can be removed, I imagine a good metal guy could fabricate one for you also, mine just has tabs that sit behind the hinges so a rolling split wont knock it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.