Scrounged this today.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohlongarm

Minister of Fire
Mar 18, 2011
Northeastern Ohio
Scrounged this today from my brother in laws tree cutting company,my neighbor will haul it with his Mack and we'll split the load 50-50,this will set me up at least 8 years . looks like mostly white oak. scrounge 001.jpgscrounge 002.jpgscrounge 003.jpgscrounge 002.jpgscrounge 003.jpgscrounge 003.jpg

Wow. Nice load of wood. Its always nice to know the right people.

Great ohlongarm! However, it does not appear to be mostly white oak. I see soft maple, red oak, ash and just a little white oak. Nevertheless, you have some great firewood there.

That will take some equipment to get through...good luck!

That will take some equipment to get through...good luck!
My friend John has a Stihl 660 he said don't worry about a thing in a couple hours it's all to length?We'll see.

Reactions: ScotO
Nice scrounge longarm. You have some work ahead. Get that guy some cold beer or whatever he likes. :)

Great ohlongarm! However, it does not appear to be mostly white oak. I see soft maple, red oak, ash and just a little white oak. Nevertheless, you have some great firewood there.
I was just about to comment on the white oak thing. I see several pieces of red oak. It all looks like BTU'S though. Get right after it longarm.

Very nice scrounge
Lots of BTUs
Some of those will give your 34 ton splitter a work out. :)
Is it going to be loaded with the front end loader & hauled to your place?
Great pictures, of course we'll need more when you're splitting it ;)

Very nice scrounge
Lots of BTUs
Some of those will give your 34 ton splitter a work out. :)
Is it going to be loaded with the front end loader & hauled to your place?
Great pictures, of course we'll need more when you're splitting it ;)
That's my brother in laws front end loader they'll load it for us in the Mack dump,usually this is the only stuff they get huge trees. we'll get it done work is fun to me at least.More pictures to come.

Some work ahead of you but I wish I had your situation!!

My friend John has a Stihl 660 he said don't worry about a thing in a couple hours it's all to length?We'll see.

Couple 5 min's!

I don't see any White Oak, but I see some big Red Oak and some big Maple. Some of those rounds would last me a couple of days in the middle of January.

Talk about the right hookup. With in-laws like that instead of being up 8 yrs on wood you may as well start a side business. Get a splitter and a place to store wood my friend.

I don't see any White Oak, but I see some big Red Oak and some big Maple.
Yep, lots of Red Oak. I'm thinking maybe the Maple is the hard variety, but not sure. Looks like several different kinds of wood in there. I would separate the Oak out, unless you are already years ahead...
More pictures to come.
Some pics of splits and the different barks when you get that far? :cool:

The maple in the pics is a soft maple. Probably silver (by the bark)
If there's any maple in there it's for John my friend,I is only takin oak,not wasting space on that maple.According to my brother in law theres at least 10 times that amount of wood coming to his yard in the next week,his crew is backlogged 3 weeks on treework,depite being one of the largest tree cutters,if not the largest in the world.

I'd like to get 1/3 of that load every couple years! Very nice and the heavy equipment and big truck are a plus as well.

Wow- y'all might look in to slingin' some of that on cl to pay for running the machinery! Nice hookup!

Wow- y'all might look in to slingin' some of that on cl to pay for running the machinery! Nice hookup!
They don't want the hassle everything is put into a tub grinder and turned into mulch,they do in excesss of 1 billion a year in sales so it's just not worth it ,mulch = $. I'm only getting this cause my brother in law is an executive with the comany and part owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.