Scrounging and wood id

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see them now.....not far from my house is a stand of tulip poplars that survived the civil war. They are quite large and very beautiful.

Will you marry me?:)
Ha! Taken.....on the other team no less.

So, being a stay at home mom with River doesn't offer me a lot of time to do projects. But during every nap this week I was able to puke this thing up.

Should hold about 2 cords when filled to the roof. And the whole operation...

You have a very outspoken little one in the avatar ... wonder if anyone has really taken a close look;lol Good luck on the scrounge and glad to hear about the steel toes!

Yep, he may not have popped out of me but we are certainly related!!

I see them now.....not far from my house is a stand of tulip poplars that survived the civil war. They are quite large and very beautiful.

So, being a stay at home mom with River doesn't offer me a lot of time to do projects. But during every nap this week I was able to puke this thing up.

If you listen carefully you can hear the sound of dreams being shattered.......

O

I could convert you;)

I have no idea what the wood is but if that's your shoe in the leaf picture you better give back your man card.......!
They're Vans man! I had a pair of black and white ones when I raced bmx as a younger man

You have a very outspoken little one in the avatar ... wonder if anyone has really taken a close look;lol Good luck on the scrounge and glad to hear about the steel toes!
Just did a double take on the avatar - I think I like that kid's moxy...

Reactions: davidmsem

I took a close look!!! Cute and funny......

Thanks fellas! My first year....heck, my stove isn't even in yet! Made a good connection with a guy with 3 year old oak. 120 for a generous long bed load. That'll get me through my 1st year. I'll keep scrounging for 2016-17. Luckily our winters are mellow. I may go grab some more!!! Watch yer fingers.

You call that winter down there? Just teasing..

You call that winter down there? Just teasing..
I know I know....our winters are pretty mild but cold enough you need a furnace. My friend is heating his 2k sqft place with 15' ceilings on a cord a year. And that isn't in an efficient stove. So I'm hoping to at least lower my gas bill and have less TV time And more reading time because who doesn't want to hang by the wood stove??!!!

Reactions: davidmsem
Thought you were going to say more exercise from processing wood==c Reading by the stove is good too...
Stay out of this lakegirl, we are converting her:)

I know I know....our winters are pretty mild but cold enough you need a furnace. My friend is heating his 2k sqft place with 15' ceilings on a cord a year. And that isn't in an efficient stove. So I'm hoping to at least lower my gas bill and have less TV time And more reading time because who doesn't want to hang by the wood stove??!!!

Read anything good lately???? I'm on a light book right now.....

Just Kids..... Patti Smith auto biography. It's good......
Just Kids..... Patti Smith auto biography. It's good......
If you are raising a family, which I am not, you might like the book that I am reading now, "People I'd Like To Punch In The Throat". Funny stuff about partnering and family and life.

I might have to read that one Davidmsem, as I have used that same phrase several times, and recently as well :p

Status
Not open for further replies.