Search Traffic

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How long have you had your website up and running? If you are down 26% now at the end of the slow season against how you were doing in January in the height of the busy season that isn't too bad. I am not completely sure I understand what you are asking.

Maybe because all those satisfied customer's that are locked into your service contracts stopped searching?

Hi Scott

Well I setup google analytics with the ID on my site and also track hits with Manta. Plus I have some monitor software from the host site. However no data from last year.

BTW. How is that black olive grill?

And the is important to the average poster here because.........???

And the is important to the average poster here because.........???

Because a lot of Posters here are from the New England area.....

Scott is a man of his own with his business. Servicing and Cleaning EVERY UNIT!

Your dealer will service your stove, but jot your neighbors, if he didnt sell it to him.

Scott does it all.... And he tracks, saves, and then reports all his data to the Forums. Which can be helpful to new owners. Units that have a high maintenance rate, and/or parts replacement rate, people may stay away from. And they will buy a higher quality product that requires less maintenance and parts per year...

Reactions: Eatonpcat
Since January 2012 until today, Sept 3 my web traffic is down 26.23%...trend? Pellet stove cleaning is still my number one key phrase and August of this year showed a 7% increase over this time last year for direct traffic to that page, but over all my numbers are down.

stats are fine, but a bit more insight here....we are down in cleanings as well, SO FAR. But given the pellet orders, and folks who generally order early and havent (yea, I ask them why), we are finding quite a bit more procrastination this year than last. Most answers are "just havent got around to it", to, "not enough money atm", to "uncertainty in the economy..."........I think the service tsunami is coming Scott, but all at once, oh, about mid-september to october 1st....

...I think the service tsunami is coming Scott, but all at once, oh, about mid-september to october 1st....

Sounds like that makes it about 15 October for the first wave of why is the #2 light flashing on my Breckwell whatever post here.

Scott each month more and more sites are added to the web and this causes the number of and order that pages rank for any given search term to change. There are other things that go on in the wild web world as well that affect both ranking and/or what links get clicked thus traffic.

well, ever since I been selling them stoves that dont need no cleaning, or servicing, just add pellets, things have slowed down a bit. Don't worry, I start selling "sabotage pellets" soon...jam up augers, clog pipes, dirty POF switches and kill igniters. Do your stretches ladies/gents, once that action starts it's gonna be crazy,and you'll want to be all limber and whatnot.

Because a lot of Posters here are from the New England area.....

Scott is a man of his own with his business. Servicing and Cleaning EVERY UNIT!

Your dealer will service your stove, but jot your neighbors, if he didnt sell it to him.

Scott does it all.... And he tracks, saves, and then reports all his data to the Forums. Which can be helpful to new owners. Units that have a high maintenance rate, and/or parts replacement rate, people may stay away from. And they will buy a higher quality product that requires less maintenance and parts per year...

At the risk of repeating myself, Why would the average poster/reader here really care about how many hits his web traffic has? BTW, Mine on the Mobile home site is about the same from last year. Again WHO CARES???

At the risk of repeating myself, Why would the average poster/reader here really care about how many hits his web traffic has? BTW, Mine on the Mobile home site is about the same from last year. Again WHO CARES???

The OP is a business owner. So he obviously does. If I was in his line of business, I would be too.

The average Poster like me... Doesn't care. But I didn't start the thread. Scott did. Anyone who owns there own business, better be damn sure there is still a want or room for them in the Market. My BIL runs there family business and he is always calculating any possible #'s he can. Always comparing quarter over quarter (1st quarter of 2011/1st quarter of 2012/etc).

I see your point. The "average poster/reader" wouldnt or shouldn't give 2 Chits. But for someone who's livelihood depends on it?? I say it really does matter. My pennies.

Scott is just wondering aloud about upcoming work and if others are seeing the same thing. The average reader of this site may never post or even see Scott's post. The average poster might be interested or not in website traffic (Scott's or anyone else's for that matter). Some of us posters dabble in all kinds of things (can't speak about an average poster though).

Don't know about you, but I would rather have the dealers/repair men on this site than the average poster...Let's not try to frustrate them into not posting by picking on their post! When my stove doesn't start up and run this winter, I couldn't give a rat's ass what the average poster thinks, I'm looking for the heavy hitter's (You all know who you are) to help me find a solution to my problem!;)

Reactions: heat seeker
No, I was just tossing it out there for folks that may be interested...and using my web stats as a benchmark...because I track this stuff. Traffic is down 26% from last year across the board. Mild winter and hot summer perhaps? Who else is tracking things?
I'm tracking how many gallons of gas through my bass boat. I think things will pick up when the weather matches this time last year. Things seem too warm to be thinking about pellets and this time last year I have 3 tons stored and ready for the cold.

I posted it because there are a lot of other folks in the forum that depend on this industry for work. I get a LOT of traffic and feel like my site actually is a benchmark for what is going on out there. SOooooo, by posting this and some shop owner reading it they can sit there and say...hmmm ok that makes sense, glad I didn't hire another employee yet...likewise, when the deluge starts to hit...I'll report that too. Many folks here in the industry do not track this stuff, I do. I cannot report on other folks website cause they are not mine....so I stick to what I know and have access to. That is why I posted it.

Don't know about you, but I would rather have the dealers/repair men on this site than the average poster...Let's not try to frustrate them into not posting by picking on their post! When my stove doesn't start up and run this winter, I couldn't give a rat's ass what the average poster thinks, I'm looking for the heavy hitter's (You all know who you are) to help me find a solution to my problem
x2 no make that x10

Status
Not open for further replies.