Search Traffic

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know about you, but I would rather have the dealers/repair men on this site than the average poster...Let's not try to frustrate them into not posting by picking on their post! When my stove doesn't start up and run this winter, I couldn't give a rat's ass what the average poster thinks, I'm looking for the heavy hitter's (You all know who you are) to help me find a solution to my problem!;)
....I learn just as much as you folks on this site. I'm kinda in to the average poster for bits of this and that which connect the dots for me....so thank you guys.

Reactions: Eatonpcat
FYI, if you put your website in your sig....that's a lot of inbound links just for contributing 1823 times..that's .what I'm talking about;) Hint hint.

yeah, but you want ranked pages pointing at your landing pages, example; inbound link from the hearth.com home page is dramatically more powerful than individual forum pages
dl google tool bar to easily view page rank.....
feel free to pm me

yeah, but you want ranked pages pointing at your landing pages, example; inbound link from the hearth.com home page is dramatically more powerful than individual forum pages
dl google tool bar to easily view page rank.....
feel free to pm me
Tis true, but page rank is really on one part of the SEO matrix...it alone can only do so much. I'm not at issue with traffic per se. I actually scaled my SEO to drive qualified traffic..that's still a work in progress. Unlike a webstore, I am targeting demographics within a search query. I can only service local.

Scott really wants to rank well for searches done from his service area, that is different than a parts purveying store.

I know what you mean our web traffic for our site is down also i dont have numbers yet but i will get some together!!!

Tis true, but page rank is really on one part of the SEO matrix...it alone can only do so much. I'm not at issue with traffic per se. I actually scaled my SEO to drive qualified traffic..that's still a work in progress. Unlike a webstore, I am targeting demographics within a search query. I can only service local.
I like your site, put together well!

you might try to stuff more geographical info into meta keywords.
google doesn't love tons of meta data, but since the competition for phrases like " pellet stove service in Srewsbury" is likely very light you might get more local leads by dumping lots of cities, zip codes, etc. in there. (beyond the states you serve)
stuff pages that aren't attracting alot of direct traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.