Sears Kenmore Refridge door light switch intermittent

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

Has anyone replaced this switch?
Is it cheap and easy to get?
See pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 169
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 164
Take the fridge model number and go to repairclinic.com to get a switch. They also have pretty good videos on how to replace certain parts. Good place to buy, I've used them several times.

A similar looking switch is about $7 plus shipping. Won't break the bank!

Last edited:
Take the fridge model number and go to repairclinic.com to get a switch. They also have pretty good videos on how to replace certain parts. Good place to buy, I've used them several times.

A similar looking switch is about $7 plus shipping. Won't break the bank!

Thanks

I just found it a little cheaper at $3.00 here. It came out to $9.95 with the shipping so I will see if it works!
http://www.appliancezone.net/wr23x10530-ge-refrigerator-light-switch-replacement/

Curiosity reigns - let us know how it works out?

Off to a Sears parts warehouse today to attempt to find a replacement switch for a sears clothes dryer and filter for a large shop vac, don't expect it to be cheap for either one. If the prices are too high I'll likely order online. I'll check out the price for the replacement light switch and let you know how much you probably saved.

Didn't go this week but when I do I'll let you know.

Last edited:
Off to a Sears parts warehouse today to attempt to find a replacement switch for a sears clothes dryer and filter for a large shop vac, don't expect it to be cheap for either one. If the prices are too high I'll likely order online. I'll check out the price for the replacement light switch and let you know how much you probably saved.
Thanks
Show them the pic I posted and they will know which one it is!
Good luck with your parts.
Sears parts is far for me so I am saving time and gas too!

While you're waiting for the switch - make sure the bulb is fully seated in the socket, and the little contact at the base of the socket isn't bent out of the way. I had that happen with a ceiling fan light, drove me batty until I noticed the tab was distorted. FWIW.

While you're waiting for the switch - make sure the bulb is fully seated in the socket, and the little contact at the base of the socket isn't bent out of the way. I had that happen with a ceiling fan light, drove me batty until I noticed the tab was distorted. FWIW.
Thanks I did check that.

I also like repairclinic.com . I've used them for years, and have repaired our dish washer, washing machine, stove, and freezer.

Hello

Got the new switch in the mail today. Getting the connectors on took very small pair of long nose pliers. Very tight spot!
It works!

Attachments

• IMG_2631.JPG
    IMG_2631.JPG
    372.6 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_2632.JPG
    IMG_2632.JPG
    284 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_2634.JPG
    IMG_2634.JPG
    176.7 KB · Views: 116
Excellent! At least your wires didn't pull back out of reach. I had the happen on an oven element - as soon as I let go of the wires, they retracted up into the back of the stove, out of reach. I had to pull the stove out, remove the back, and fish the wires back into the oven cavity. The factory made the wires so short that they were under tension. A 10 minute job took over 40 minutes.

Now - are you really sure the light goes out when the door is closed? You better put the wife in the fridge to check it out...

Status
Not open for further replies.