Season 12 with the E100 Wood Gun.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Gasifier

Minister of Fire
Apr 25, 2011
St. Lawrence River Valley, N.Y.
First light…..

8BBCEC5E-69E9-485E-A818-3A1D509B892E.jpeg

How many in the boiler room are burning already?

Reactions: hobbyheater
Still without heat in the Yukon...
Beginning to cool of inside the house,my oil boiler will come online first as i have free diesel to use up before i refill with winter diesel.
4 more little truck loads of wood and the shed will be full.
Probaly start burning mid Oct.

Reactions: Gasifier
I have not fully shut down, burn year round for DHW, albeit 1 fire every 7-14 days depending on usage. It wont be to long now and will need a little heat in the mornings, our lows are supposed to be high 30'sF for the week

I made the first fire of the season yesterday morning. But it wasn't for heat, it was for hot water. We got hammered by Fiona. Power is still out. Day 4 tomorrow. Otherwise, likely late November for fire for heat.

I made the first fire of the season yesterday morning. But it wasn't for heat, it was for hot water. We got hammered by Fiona. Power is still out. Day 4 tomorrow. Otherwise, likely late November for fire for heat.
Maple1. I am sorry to hear of the damage. Hope it wasn’t structural to your house. How are you recovering?

We're good. And maybe very lucky. No damage at the home or cottage. Except for some blow downs in the woods. Others were very unlucky, and not that far away either. Power was out for 5 days. Our daughters was out a week and a half and she is in the middle of a sizable town. Thankful it wasn't worse - especially after seeing what Ian did .

We're good. And maybe very lucky. No damage at the home or cottage. Except for some blow downs in the woods. Others were very unlucky, and not that far away either. Power was out for 5 days. Our daughters was out a week and a half and she is in the middle of a sizable town. Thankful it wasn't worse - especially after seeing what Ian did .
Very glad to hear!

Shut Wood Gun down most days after a morning fire. And then again after a late evening fire. Sitting outside in the sun right now enjoying almost 60F. Beautiful for November 2nd. It has been a mild Fall. Liking it!😊

Reactions: hobbyheater
Another successful heating season for the Wood Gun. Almost out of firewood for the season. Probably burn another week and then that will be it. The bubblin goo will take over after that.

Reactions: maple1
Still lighting a fire to take the morning chill off. Looks like we'll have about about 1.25 cord left over from the original 4.5 we stored for winter.....very mild winter here, not complaining though.