Seasonal Smells

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BKInsert said:
Vincent said:
Walmart sells scented oils in the candle section for like $2 a bottle.

Who knows what chemicals are in these oils, from China prob.

I just checked and it said made in the U.S.A.

Vincent said:
BKInsert said:
Vincent said:

That is a good start!!! Do they list the ingredients? I tried looking it up on line with no sucsess...

The Cinnamon/nutmeg scent has freshly ground Ceylon Cinnamon and rich nutmeg. Also, has a website www.hosley.com

Vincent said:
The Cinnamon/nutmeg scent has freshly ground Ceylon Cinnamon and rich nutmeg. Also, has a website www.hosley.com

That sounds good! I stand corrected then... I could not find any detailed information on the link you sent. Regardless, I am happy to see that these scents are natural oils and not chemicals, at least the cinnamon/nutmeg scent is.

A few weeks ago I was searching for some detailed information on these scents and could not find any, so I decided to just order pure oils from a known source.

Vincent said:
BKInsert said:
Vincent said:

I think there is a little town in China named Usa.......lol....

In this day and age who knows, maybe just the sticker is made in the U.S.A

Scotty Overkill said:
Vincent said:
BKInsert said:
Vincent said:

.........LOL....... Very soon we are all going to be part of China.................. :(

BKInsert said:
Scotty Overkill said:
Vincent said:
BKInsert said:
Vincent said:

.........LOL....... Very soon we are all going to be part of China.................. :(
I think you may be right, but lets not get me started on that subject....I don't want to get in trouble....lol......lets just hope and pray that don't happen...

Man, I hate Chinese Food. I guess I'm going to be hungry.

Vincent said:
Man, I hate Chinese Food. I guess I'm going to be hungry.

You got to be open minded... Chinese food is tasety... So is sushi...Oh wait, sushi is Japanese, never mind.

i just place this glade scented oil candle on top of my stove

glade-scented-oil-candles.jpg

i do not light the candles as the heat from the stove will melt them

seems fine

Is that candle in a glass container? If so, any problems with the heat and glass? With a steamer you are also putting moisture make in the room keeping it from being to dry.

it's a scented oil candle and holder from Glade been using this for two weeks and no issue

i suspect the glass can withstand the heat - because the candle which turns to oil when lite burns in the holder

no problems with this and i'd rather have this on my stove than leave a candle burning unattaned

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_9990000030748411P?vName=Food & Grocery&cName=AirFresheners&sName=Candles & Potpourri&sid=KDAx20080403x001&srccode=cii_18492716&cpncode=26-55951796-2

i understand it will not help with humidity but frankly i don't think a decorative pot on the stove helps that much either at least not in my home

Milt said:
I ain't puttin no cheap Walmart potpurry stuff on top of my Hearthstone. I'd sooner dress a pig in a tutu and I don't want my home stinking like Walmart. *SNIP*

Now that's funny right there! I don't care who ya are.....

Stevebass4 said:
i just place this glade scented oil candle on top of my stove

glade-scented-oil-candles.jpg

i do not light the candles as the heat from the stove will melt them

seems fine

I wouldn't be doing that. Chances are that the heat produced from burning the candle heats the glass far less vs your stove. The flame's heat is being directed upwards and not toward the glass itself. If the glass were to crack, you would have liquid wax (an accelerant) pouring onto your stove, which could be like throwing a Molotov Cocktail on it.

jonwright said:
Milt said:
I ain't puttin no cheap Walmart potpurry stuff on top of my Hearthstone. I'd sooner dress a pig in a tutu and I don't want my home stinking like Walmart. *SNIP*

That, of course, is how I meant it. :) I ain't all that sure that that is how it was perceived by all of the audience. :blank:

Milt said:
jonwright said:
Milt said:

That, of course, is how I meant it. :) I ain't all that sure that that is how it was perceived by all of the audience. :blank:
Milt I for one enjoy your posts, gives me a smile everytime I read them.....pig in a tutu.....pffffft...... :p

I was a bit curious so I checked today since there seem to be some real Walmart haters . . . the potpourri I buy there is made in Illinois . . . I can't remember the exact city or town off the top of my head though.

I hate 'em. If you've ever worked for them as a dirty, scum sucking vendor you'll always hate 'em.

I have never in my life been treated with less respect as a human being. Ever. That was the Wal-Mart culture - may be better now, dunno. Haven't been there is quite a long time as I've progressed enough in my career that I could refuse to go. Maybe they have a new culture and treat people with some modicum of respect.

Also have little respect for a company that actively promotes it's employees getting on public assistance so they don't have to offer services to their employees. Meanwhile, they enjoy every tax break possible. Seems to me I'm subsidizing them with MY hard work (through paying my taxes).

Some folks have made some good livings there - no doubt. I choose to not be one of them, and I also choose to shop there as little as absolutely possible. So far, I've been able to count on one hand the number of times I've been in there in the past 10 years or so.

But....back to our regular programming...

I find that I get hungry when I put hickory on the fire and smell the smoke. Ooo. I need to go get some ribs at the store..... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.